New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Oh forget it, thats completely rediculous.
[down]

The animals would probably end up dying off, transplanting animals is not some easy task. Evolution made them perfect for living where they live, and eating what they eat. Bring them here, and most likely you will just watch them die! Either that, or they will thrive and terrorize people. Some people and their silly ideas.[confused]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No to mention that the re-introduction of wolves cougars and continued proliferation of coyotes has impacted livestock (and people) already.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I read that this morning in the paper. It would never happen. But I guess they could escape from the zoo.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
The US is to populated to have dangerous wild animals from Africa running around. We can't even control our Bears could you imagine having to control Lions and Elephants?? What the hell is wrong with people??[mad]

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Thats a GREAT idea!!!

Bring in some lions and leopards.

That'll solve the deer problem and teach the bears and coyotes who is in charge!

Hey..it'll kill off the yuppies in the million dollar homes around the WMAs. That alone would be worth the effort! :D

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are many African species that have higher populations in Texas than in Africa.
I think there are more Oryx in New Mexico than Africa. More Scimitar Oryx in Texas. More Black-buck and Axis than India and Pak.

The nuts in the story want to transplant elephants to the plains states (where the snow falls horizontal in winter!) as well as other 'big game'..... oh yeah, no hunting of course.

The 'intelligensia' always gets it wrong: man is part of the balance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts