New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This reservation belongs to Essex County...It borders Maplewood, South Orange, Millburn. OMG, I have seen some of the BIGGEST Bucks in all my years hunting in this place! Also, since I patrol this area, I get to go into some restricted areas with the patrol car and let me tell you that I don't doubt that there are Bears in this area. I'm waiting for that cell phone 911 call reporting a Bear in these woods. Soon it will have to open to at least Bow hunting because there is too many deer in this Reservation. Oh, I forgot about the Turkeys that come up to the car![up]

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
A friend of mine worked for the shade tree commission for Millburn, he has told me stories of the bucks he see's. There are some slammer's living in them woods

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Look at the trhead for Garret Mountain basically the same deal only smaller. I doubt that county officials in Passaic or Essex county will ever open these places to deer hunting.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They don't let anyone hunt it, but I've seen some dead deer with arrows in them. So, obviously someone is hunting that area. A lot of people walk those nature trails, sometimes I wonder if its a hunter in plain cloths!lol

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I see alot of deer in that on field, along prospect ave, some big bucks, I said when I first moved here in December that I would love to hunt it!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts