New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the cooler temps yesterday and a great wind for my spot, I decided to sneak out of work a little early, and man I'm glad I did! This is the first time I've used my regular bow buck tag in years! Passed plenty, but finally got one for the wall. Main frame 8 with 4 kicker points. Been playing cat and mouse with him for the last 6 weeks. My climber has been clutch as I've been playing the wind every time I hunt. Saw him 2 Sundays ago but couldn't get a clear shot which is the down side of tree hopping.

Anyway, in the tree a little after 4, and shortly after, I had a younger 8 cruise by. It was the first time I saw him and he was definitely on the hunt for some poon. After watching a fox and multiple squirrels for awhile, I noticed more movement coming my way around 6. It was a big doe with a couple fawns, this guy, and another smaller 9 that I passed earlier in the year. The were making their way in my direction. Big guy gave me a hard quartering away shot at 24 yards, so I let her fly! Snuck the arrow in high behind the last rib and burried the entire arrow in its body cavity, Luminok and all. No exit wound, but I knew the shot was right. Got down, backed out since I didnt see him fall, and returned an hour and a half later with a few friends. Found him 25 yards from the point of impact piled up. I was pumped to say the least! Can't wait for Saturday to get back at it! Grim Reaper Carni Four did the job.

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice buck and love the story to. Congrats!
Which climber are you using?

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[up]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts