New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be moving to NJ in June and was looking into joining a hunting club I figured it would be the best way to connect with the locals and learn the way of the land down there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Where in NJ are you moving to ?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Between Wharton SF, Bass River SF Greenwood Forest WMA and Stafford Forge WMA you have over a quarter million acres of state ground to hunt, is that enough?

Reactions: al law 52

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You hunted in Alaska and South Dakota. Now Atco. Boy are u gonna be disappointed lol. Best of luck!
haha idk I had to pack 23 miles on foot for my Caribou last year. I think I'll be good not having to do that anymore. If there is that much public land around there though I'll be happy thanks for the info everybody

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
haha idk I had to pack 23 miles on foot for my Caribou last year. I think I'll be good not having to do that anymore. If there is that much public land around there though I'll be happy thanks for the info everybody
And just make friends with the guy that will be hunting 6 trees away from you and they will probably help you drag a deer if you get lucky eough. LOL

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If you are interested I run a hunt at the Joseph Citta Scout Reservation, 550 acres on the Barnegat Waretown line. Plenty of deer and not too much pressure. $100 for bow or gun $150 for both. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Between Wharton SF, Bass River SF Greenwood Forest WMA and Stafford Forge WMA you have over a quarter million acres of state ground to hunt, is that enough?
With a Hunter on every acre! WELCOME TO JERSEY!

·
Registered
58 Posts
hello,

I live in this area and am looking for more info on this hunt you run any info would be great. thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Beckman- We're about to launch LandTrust which is 'Airbnb for hunting trips' on private land and we've got 18 beautiful farms representing over 1300 acres in 3 zones ~1hr from NYC in the Stewartsville area. I know it's not South Jersey, but could be interesting for you. We've also got a couple properties in the Catskills who've signed up. This is a great alternative to expensive annual leases. You can simply book trips on private land and pay for the days you actually hunt and hunt different properties throughout the season.

We're going live with the site in a couple weeks (in time for bow season) and you can sign up here (https://nj.landtrust.com/sportsmen/) to be notified soon as we do so you can book hunting trips on these properties and more for this hunting season. I personally photographed these farms last week and they're all beautiful with corn/soybeans and woods surrounding them. Properties will have turkeys, whitetail, & geese (especially the farm right next to the Delaware!).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll be moving to NJ in June and was looking into joining a hunting club I figured it would be the best way to connect with the locals and learn the way of the land down there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
You will think of what you have held in your heart instead of your hand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts