New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the opportunity to bring my car back to school with me, so I brought my ice fishing gear too. Unfortunately, I forgot my auger at home in North Jersey. Is anyone going Ice fishing this weekend in south Jersey (I go to school in Philly), and willing to let me come along. Like I mentioned, I have all my own gear, just no auger. I'll even buy bait if you let me use your auger. PM please. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been doing some research, and I think I am going to try cooper river lake and/or Strawbridge lake (Collingswood and Moorestown I think). Don't know much about either but both seemed to have fishing access (especially strawbridge). Both lakes also supposedly have snakehead. I'm hoping for open water, but don't know if its there. Anyone who is interested in joining me this weekend is welcome. PM me.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Be careful at cooper river. It is tidal and runs pretty good in some areas. Ice may not be as thick as you think.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
You might want to look into Pemberton Lake WMA. It's about 35-40 mins from Philly. F&G may be able to give you some info on the ice there. People have been playing hockey on Strawbridge Lake so you should be good there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there is anyone out there in south jersey that would be willing to lend me their auger, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts