New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know hunting areas are sacred, but does anyone know of public areas in South Brunswick? I've heard of little areas like behind the McDonalds on Rt 1 and the Home depot. I know out by the asphalt plant used to be open but i'm not sure any more. Some people I know tell me that the township workers post property that is fair game, but they don't want people hunting it, so they post it. Anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
what kind of hunting you looking for??

Pigeon Swamp State Park is in South Brunswick...

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
six mile run i think is in Franklin but very close to SB

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
six mile run i think is in Franklin but very close to SB
True. It is in Franklin Twp. (Somerset County) but only 5 minutes or less from South Brunswick.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
My really good friend is a life-long resident of South Brunswick. He told me the same thing about the local cops and town workers posting property thats actually not private (his brother is a cop, and, a hunter- do the math).

Dont worry about that, though, get over to Six Mile Run. I do a lot of mountain biking and I see decent numbers of deer in Six Mile, and, some very respectable bucks. I'll PM you the area we usually see bucks. I dont know the legalities of where hunters can park, hunt, access, or anything, but, Im sure you can easily research that information.

As for the land behind McDonalds, theres some guy I see hunting there, or, did see hunting there during Archery season. He would park like 100yards norths of McDonalds, in a white car. Not sure if thats private or not.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Pigeon Swamp is where its at. My buddy goes hunting there all the time. Six Mile Run too is a good place. Used to goose hunt Pigeon Swamp in the cut fields a while back. Not bad just find a place to put up your treestand and your golden.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.