New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut alot of video out for members with dial up . Some footage from the other night . You could hear them coming from a mile away on the mic .

I love this sound when I am in the tree !

FOOTAGE LINK HERE

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the forum up now . I am slowly working on the how to part for deer cams . I do have a step by step with pictures at each stage to hack / mod a Sony P41 and Sony P32 camera up . I will be adding a Olympus D-380 how to also .

We own a campground in central Jersey and we are putting in the hours to get ready to open up so my time is slim to work on the cams this time of year .

I do have the all the parts to finish up a P41 unit sitting here and will do my best to get it done in the next day or two . I will add step pictures for the case and install as well .

You can see the steps on the P41 in the trail camera section HERE

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's ok with you , I will also add your banner to the bottom of my forum . Not real active now but not to many are this time of the year .

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea thats Mr. Pikes ( Dave ) . Thats one of the best clips so far of a buck . There are a few more on hunting footage from Treetop with 4 or five bucks on it at the same time .

If you need any help at all just ask . I will be adding alot more to the help section . I need to find a free picture host that will let you put your pictures on to other sites . Webshot will not let you do it .

I added you banner to the site ! Nothing like a NJ based forum Thank You !

Don

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are talking alot of pictures here ! I would be more than happy to host the how to pictures here as well as some hunting pictures .

It would take up a lot of space and would not want to cram up your pic host space . Not to mention it would take a long time to do just my pictures .

I just hacked a Olypus D-380 and took pictures like I did for the Sony P41 . You might want to take a look at this hack as well since the d_380 is a little cheaper and a lot easier to do . We are talking about a 5 minute job start to finish .

Its your call on the pictures . Anything I can do to help you guys make a few cams I am willing to do !

Don

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Disk space is cheap. How many mega bytes approximately? It's the bandwidth that costs the most money... but that can be assisted with my Adobe Photoshop ;) ... I can resize each picture down to under 100k.

Send me a .zip.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whitetail supply use to have great camo dipped cases but no longer offers them .

Another site will have pelican 1040s and 1060's in stock March 1st . However I am not sure a D series camera will fit in a 1060 . Not vertically anyway .

I am working on a mold today since it is going to snow and I can not do anything out side . I will use sculpty putty and real Oak bark to male a 3D pattern mold . After you place the putty in the oven you apply Liquid Nails to the out side of the case and use the mold to give you a Oak Bark finished look . Then paint it to match . Alot more work than the camo cases .

Here is one way it would look like . This is another members not mine .

Another way is to Scuff the caes and then use a hot glue gun to make 3D camo . Then paint over it to match the tree color . This is from another member

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Pretty cool keep up the good work. I love the ability to imagine. If it can be believed it can be achieved. I 've been doing something like this with duck boats and deer stands for awhile. I think all hunting gear should be texture as to give it a 3-d effect. Stealth is important!

Till our trails cross,

WW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts