New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening Gentleman! My son is moving to AZ to go to UTI (Automotive trade school). We are leaving in the am, but left me and hubby, Luknikk, the 1988 Bronco II to sell. Manuel transmission, about 190,000 miles. Took him several months to get it to p [no swearing please] inspection so I think everything has been replaced. He did mention the 4 wheel drive needs to be looked at and worked on. Asking $700.00
Please contact Luknikk if you are interested in looking at it, since I'm leaving NJ 95 degree weather to bask in the 115 degrees of AZ. Thanks![confused]

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
My son starts UTI in Sept. (Exton PA.)
I was wondering why he chose ARizona as opposed to PA.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He says "because it snows in PA too" I tried to get him to go to Exton, much closer to home. Beautiful campus! We went there for a few of the "meetings".

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, he's dropped off and set. I probably will not see him for about 4 years. The girlfriend went too and her schooling will take longer than his. The Exton campus is MUCH nicer than the one in AZ, but I guess that's because the one in AZ is the orginal. They've learned to improve to attract new students.

And if he knows what's good for him he'll do great! Or mom might be hunting his rear next fall. LOL
Hope your son does great too!
Shelley (AKA: deerseason widow)

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Mrs Luknikk, My son is attending with 2 friends. I'm not sure if thats good or bad. I hope they support each other in doing well. Not to much partying. Good luck to your son.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was when I was there. I was lucky enough to get there during Monsoon season. Couldy, heavy rain storms and humid as heck! Last day I was there the weather was great and the heat was "dry".

Jrhunt, you're right, friends can be good or bad. I don't know, but would think the rules would be the same, Tom said they can make them drug screen at any time and it can cause them to be kicked out. Helps me know it'll atleast make him think twice before trying anything since mom isn't there to watch.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He just got to p [no swearing please] inspection before he moved in August. Something with the hydrolics and the clutch...he thinks it has a leak, is what he told me. need to re-wire the radio, he took the upgrade out. And I need to fix a flat tire. other than that I think it's good to go.

Will try to get a picture of it and post it, none on hand.

Dang it I need my own computer, Sorry this is under his name again.
Deerseason Widow

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Liknik & DeerSeasonwidow. Hows your son like UTI. My son is doing well and its the first time I can say actually he likes school.
He hated high school. (just like Dad)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hey Jr. Glad to hear yours is loving it and doing well.

Mine is too. And it's the same deal, I MADE him go to high school until he accumed out on absents, then I took him straight to Sussex Community College to start the GED. Got the first "report card" from them about 2 weeks ago and he has a 97% attendance rate with a 4.0 GPA....the boys never had a 4.0 in his life! Our onlu problem is he still hasn't found a job!
The girlfriend couldn't hack it and flew back home the first weekend in Oct. She never even tried to get a job while they were out there. So of course he wanted to move back then and I told him FORGET IT, it isn't happening! Told him he sould have listened to me when I tried to get him to go to Exton in the first place. NOW he wants to try and transfer there. Told him if they were meant to be then she'd still be there when he was done in a year and a half...... I guess at 18 that's a life time away. She hasn't called or even come by since she's been back. And she used to babysit all the time. I think she's hidden from me. LOL (Do I look that scarey?)

He bought another Bronco II out in AZ, calls me last week wanting money casue it caught fire and he needs parts. Told him he was SOL, that's what you need that job for. Maybe I ought to ship this one out there and between the two of them he could make one running truck. LOL

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Glad to here he's doing well in school. My son also has a 4.0(just bearly got by in high school)He has made a ton of friends and also hasn't found a job. He might be working for Fed Ex during the holidays. They pay $10.50 an hour for PT help.This week the cl [no swearing please] is going to install new springs on his car.Its nice to see him enjoy school!!!Good luck. If your son transfers let me know and I'll have my son introduce himself. John

1 - 20 of 30 Posts