New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend at the Giants game I had the chance to have an impromtu interview with Doug Forrester. He was very gracious to take time to talk to me for around a 1/2 hour. Here is what he had to say. My first question was does he support NJ sportsmen. His response was that he supports us tremndously. While he does not hunt he does fish, but sees nothing wrong with hunting. I next asked him why he has not reached out to sportsmens groups during his campaign. He said that he has talked with alot of sportsmen throughout the state and told them where he stood on any issue they asked. He also stated that his campign people had responded to several sportsmens groups on issues. I informed him he might want to reach out to several groups before next Tues and gave him contact info for those groups. I next asked him his position on the division of F&W and outside interference. He said that in business, various fields are best managed by professionals in their respective fields. He feels the same way about F&W, the staff of biologists and managers are professionals in theirs fields and should be left alone to do what they are trained to do. I next asked him if he would sign a Sunday bowhunting bill. He said if the division supports it He would sign it. I ended the sportsmens part of my questions asking him his position on the rumor that the state wants to sell off certain WMAs and channel the money into the general fund. His response was that sportsmens money paid for those wmas and if for some reason one was sold the money would go to buy more land for new WMAs or to add to an existing one. He also interjected that he was aware that some F&W property was sold at auction and the money was not put back into the F&W fund. He assured me that would never happen if he is govenor. Being a public employee I asked him his stance on a few public employee issues. He is all for fixing the pension system and getting it back to where it should be before McGreedy failed to make payments into it for 2 years. There were other issues he touched on briefly and I liked what he had to say. I thanked him for taking time to talk to me and told him to enjoy the game. The reason I have not posted this to now is because I emailed the Corzine campaign and requested them to respond to the questions I asked Forrester. To date I have not gotten a response back.

G

·
all I can say is excellent vote for Forrester, Corzine will not reply to your letter, and he will ruin this state. His own mother & ex wife said so themselves

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
My first question was does he support NJ sportsmen. His response was that he supports us tremndously.
I know he does BHC, but there is nothing about a bear hunt. I think I'll write him & Corzine and ask them what they think of a NJ bear hunt.

·
Registered
231 Posts
In regards to the bear hunt there was a graph in the Star Ledger a couple of weeks ago that I remember seeing. It said...Corzine against.....Forrester for.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Forrester is a little off on gun control, but we can change that. There is no hope with Corzine.

He is firmly behind a bear hunt and is an avid fisherman.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
corzine has already said he does not support the bear hunt. the new york times of all people have said is the most liberal member of the senate. so you know where my vote is going.....corzine should leave our state along with eab

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
What suprises me is the Record, one of the most liberal of New Jersey papers is backing Forrester. This should say something. Corzine's ex-wife I don't think has help his cause. I would like to see the polls in a couple days.
Forrester has mine and my wife's vote.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts