New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to see my taxidermist tonight. There sitting in a bag was a double main beam, drop tine 18 pointer that was dropped off yesterday from a hunter who hunted down in MONMOUTH COUNTY!!!! Brownstones, GunnyFern, and I saw it !!!!!! I would say this rack would score somewhere in the 160s[up]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Did they say were in monmouth.....I saw a ten point last year that was killed in Dec , It was in full velvet they said that it was over seven years old and the reason he never sheded off his velvet was because he had no testosterone left (spelling?)..I think it was taken in Colts Neck....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they had no idea where it was shot in that county

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I know of a 160 cl [no swearing please] main frame 8 point with stickers that was shot and checked in All Seasons Taxidermy in Old bridge - saw pics- didnt think it had double main beams. But it was shot down here.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Freind also shot a 155 gross 10 point September 24th - weighed 265 on the hoof - and dressed out 215lbs!

It will net in the 140s as it was uneven -

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Tommy, are you sure they didnt say he had no testicles? I know that would be hard to mistake, but...:D

Because a buck that loses his testicles while in velvet, remains in velvet, and the rack never falls off. If they happen to lose them while they have no antlers, they grow abnormal antlers and then keep those for life. I believe they call it a "Gelding" (sp?) when they lose their "manhood".....Although I could be confusing that with something to do with horses. ????[confused]:D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love to see that rack mounted when its done, what a great looking rack[up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
BHC, if you didn't say it was from Mommouth County I would have guessed it came from the high fence place in Hardyston where it is archery only and no deer count toards B&C.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Cheese- lots of areas you can still shoot a firearm. I have access to one of the golf courses down here for gun - but it gets driven hard by locals - and pushes everything out.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Kah1993 lots of areas around that you can shoot a gun, I see a ton of deer on 520 and 537. Monmouth County usually produces some big bucks. Colts neck is a great area for deer, but unfortunately it is a no firearms discharge area, unless you have a farmers permit or special permit.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I was talking to a buddy last night that lives in Howell (Monmouth County)and he was telling me about this buck. It was shot on Monmouth County park system land.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I heard a 16pt'er was checked at Charlie Spina's(Sportmen Shop in Neptune City)My guess if it was taken on Park land, it's Allaire.
Jim who works at the SC, said the 16 was shot in Howell

1 - 20 of 25 Posts