New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off sorry for the long post, just found this friggin ridiculous...
So I ran over to Dick's in rockaway at lunch to get my permits for zone 11.. I went up to get a pair of gloves, the guy in front of me was talking to the sales person @ guns. He asked for the "solid metal" shells for a "regular" shotgun. the sales guy tried to get him to clarify, he says, do you mean slugs? The guy says "yeah, slugs for a regular shot gun, for deer hunting" after all the basic questions, the sales guy determines hes shooting smooth bore. asks the guy how many, he says 20 boxes of whatever is cheapest. I tired to talk to him at this point to see if he had iron sights, scope, whatever. he said "he wasn't sure", i also told him to make sure he had sights or a scope and had the sales guy give me a slug gun to show him.. I tried explaining he didnt need 100 friggin slugs, but he said "its a really good spot" Then, as if it wasn't bad enough, I hear him ask the sales guy "what kind of orange clothing do I need?" as he was walking away....

I didnt know if i should laugh or cry... I love hunting, with gun or bow, but its friggin scary when i stop to think of some of the people out there....Be careful!!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
So Im assuming he had no intentions of sighting it in before going in the woods wih a couple hundred dollars worth of slugs and new orange clothes. Im sure there is a plug in the gun too [wallmad][wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Holy Crap. That is scary. Guy doesn't have a clue about anything it seems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll add a shorten version of my story. Hunting Public land Monday 6:45 am, I'm in my treeand a bear is at my barrel, and a monster coming in. It's too dark with the fog for me the comfortably shoot. 2 adults and a kid come up a hill, and the one guy starts shooting at the bear on my bait. He misses, I'm yelling WTF, and hes answering his friend, not realizing I'm there. I then hear him tell his friend "it's ok, I THINK bear are in season".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.