New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two buddies who are engineers for Stewart so while we were down there we visited with them. And of course took some pics.

Inside looking out

Dover car getting skinned.

Looking over a new window they designed

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Where is the warehouse where Tony stores his Kleenex, it must be HUGE!
Just funnin is all. Great pix. Tony Stewart is living my lottery life.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where is the warehouse where Tony stores his Kleenex, it must be HUGE!
Just funnin is all. Great pix. Tony Stewart is living my lottery life.
[rofl][rofl]

He is a new man this year. I dont think you will hear as much anymore but I could be wrong. They are going tire testing in Indy next week for GOODYEAR[cry]

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The tall guy in the gray and black is a friend of mine, he is an engineer for SHR along with another friend of mine, I'm trying to get in there myself as a machinist but they already have a full shop that stayed on from the Haas team. I wish I could post some of the other pics I have. You would be amazed at the equipment they have. One piece that would blow your mind has a sticker price of a little over 4 million and only seven teams have one.

If you could see what they do in the shop, you would see that the weekend a small part of it all but it is what they are all working for.

Stick and ball sports do not hold a candle to Nascar as far as a team sport goes. I know thats saying a lot but it is true. Too many me-me-me guys in those sports.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I dont follow the behind the scenes stuff, but I have to wonder if bailing on Gibbs had everything to do with him switching to Toyotas. If thats the case, even though Im a die hard Ford Man, that type of brand loyalty bumps Tony Stewart up fathoms in my "respect for" list.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It had a big part of it, all his backing with his other teams his busch rides are all Chevy. From all that I "heard" he was no fan of the Toys. But that is just what I have heard.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts