New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stupid habit, that has turned into an obsession. Whenever I see spent shells on the ground I have to pick them up. I don't know why, I just do. I filled my vest up twice this week at Greenwood.

...and yesterday, I ran across a paper 12 ga. shell. It was in really good shape. Wow! The last time I seen paper shells was when I was 5 re-loading with my dad. That was 35 years ago.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I have a bunch of 12g paper shells from my grandfather. I won't shoot them, they just sit in my big gun safe in his old shell belt.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Guess I'm an Old School'er here. I still reload and shoot paper shells, mostly 12 ga. WW & Federal and 16 ga. Federal. I probably do it just for nostalgic purposes and maybe another excuse to use my Red Dot and Green Dot powders and shoot them in old doubles. They work well under the right circumstances.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I pick them up two I hate to see them out there specially when I see them near or on a safety zone, some people see a shell and think it's ok to discharge their shotgun there just because someone else did.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
When I used to hunt with my shotgun for deer I always picked up my spent shells so I would not give my position away from year to year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts