New Jersey Hunters banner

Some big buck being checked in

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Shawnm 
#1 ·
Was at Simon-Peter last night talking to the guy's they said from Friday they checked in four monster buck's. One on Friday, that weighed 178 and will score about 135 to 140 a really big NJ deer. One was a cop from Sparta that weighed 158 1/2 & should score 120 he got it by/in the Sparta Cemetery. The other two weighed over 140 & will score 110 to 125

#6 ·
That's where he got him across the street from the Mohawk House. I know the cop I will see if I can find him tonight & get any info about the buck. His picture is on the wall in Simon-Peter

#11 ·
One of those bucks checked in was my Buddy Steves. Really nice 8 pt that was 158 dressed and looked to be in the 120 class. He is the guy that wont let me post a picture of his buck on here!

#13 ·
Me and my brother were in Ohio for several days, saw a bunch of scrub bucks and does. My other brother here called me at 8:05am Monday morning (10/25) to tell me he killed a slammer. He was calling from the woods, said it was so big he couldn't get it out of the woods, wanted us to come home and help him. He was screaming into the phone, then had to take a break to breathe. :D

Eventually he told me the story, he actually missed the big buck, the 8 pointer he killed has a high, thick rack and dressed just over 180, but was much smaller than the one he missed at 14 yards. Killed it in Cumberland County...if I get more specific, he would have a fit. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.