New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll be out looking for the big boy in zone 8. maybe zone 11 for the afternoon sit.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I'll be out again in the morning in 8. I love sitting in the woods when it is snowing even if it sometimes hampers the deer movement. Hunting in the snow is awesome!!!!!!!!1[up]

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
your such a pessimist drag!!!!! LOL cheer up and get out there and get one of those big bruins!!!;):D

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Here's the thing... the one place where I hunt (and can legally shoot a bear)... I have never seen the bear while on stand. However, I have seen his poop... and got him on the trail cam.

But... one time last year I walked over this one particular mountain (just hiking)... bam... I see bear.

Then this year while tracking Matty's deer... I walked over the same mountain again... bam... another different bear.

Its worth a try (freaking muzzleloader better go off).

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Woj - the guys that hunt on cokesbury road (the Power lines that run to Longview road) killed 5 bucks this morning - 2 7 pointers, a 4 and a spike. Have not yet gotten the report for tonight.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm... a couple of my buddies got a peice of land there to hunt. i think around 80 acres. i know they have been getting deer all bow season. i wonder how they did today and if that was them. were you up there today kah?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
no i wasn't - family fallout - hunted there for 10 years - then my grandfather died - and somehow the will only says my uncle- and nothing to my mom - my uncle refused to budge - hence I don't go there anymore. I have a freind who is still freinds with the family and goes up - we call each other from our trees.

They have 200 acres - the power lines go right through the middle of it. They have a big blue trailer in the field on the one side by Cokesbury/califon road - across from summit Dr. The other entrance is off long view road. A guy named orgler sold off most of his property which was right under the power lines. It't beautiful property - old school though - no bowhunting - gun only - and they have a fine of $5 per lb for button bucks -

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I have to pick my wife up at the airport tomorrow so I won't be huntin.Ill be out Wed, Thur, Fri and Sat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts