New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using a Flemish twist string from 3rivers thinking on trying something else any reccomendations

·
Registered
498 Posts
I dont have any recommendations as I make my own flemish twist strings with b50 from 3rivers. Use them on glass recurves and selfbows. Usually a twist of yellow and brown colors. My recurves are oldies, 59 Kodiak and a few others so cant use fastflight. Have you posted this on tradgang?

Reactions: MTH

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Same here, Flemish Twist...Newest bow I own is a 76 I picked up last night and it's the only one I own that's newer than 1968....If you have a modern bow with reinforced tips, you'll get more pop from a Fast Flight....But Flemish or straight B50 is the way to go on anything with some age.

Reactions: Bone Collector 85

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Depends on what your bow was built for with regards to string material. If the tips are reinforced to handle the newer non-stretch string material, then you have a world of choices. I have had good results with D97, 8125, 450, BCY X to name a few. I prefer to build skinny strings and pad the loops. All my bows are newer models( within the last 8 years or so)

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Mine are hand made from a friend in pennsylvania

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I make my own 12st rhino flemish strings padded to 16. Once I stretch and serve the string, it doesn't move more than 1/4" for the life of the string and is amazingly quiet. I get an average of 2-5 fps speed advantage with my "skinny" strings over normal strand count low stretch materials. I make padded 12 st b50 flemish for my older bows.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I usually by the Flemish strings from 3rivers but my go to recurve right now has a pos string I bought from Cheyennes I'm going to look into sbd strings and endless loop strings by a few of each see how they perform! My buddy is building me one which I will put on my redwing hunter!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts