New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i havent shot a doe yet i still have too in a earn a buck zone even if my tag is only for antlered deer?guy at the gun shop told me i could only kill bucks with the 6 day and had to get a extended permit for does.i have read the digest didnt help me much just says 2 antlered deer nothing about if i didnt fill my earn a buck requirement?also can anyone
give me directions to assunpink from the turnpike?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
6 day is bucks only. It is EAB with the extended permit if your zone is EAB.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what im askin do i need to get the extended permit to legaly hunt or can i just skip it and go after bucks?cuz i didnt get the extended doe permit cuz i didnt know what zone assunpink is i know it falls under 14/15 or something but don't know what one i'll be in so i figured the standard 6-day would be fine

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
If you are only going to shoot bucks then you don't need the permit. If you want to shoot a doe get the permit. Depending on the area you are hunting with depend on the zone.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
if you would like to shot does durning the week of 12-5 thru 12-10 you need a extended permit if they have one for that zone also ALL EAB ENDS AFTER 12-10-2005 after that date no need to shot doe before buck it;s in the digest look close you'll see it. Again the week of dec 5 thru dec 10 is for 2 bucks only. unless you have a permit if you would like to shoot does

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
ultraslughunter,

I hunt Assumpink all the time and know its regs very well. Here's the deal:

- Your hunting license allows you take 2 bucks during 6 day firearm. There are no point restrictions on these bucks.
- If you wish to shoot a doe(s), you must buy the zone permit for it.
- While the compendium says EAB ends after 12/10, it technically has ended just prior to 6 day firearm since your license allows for you to shoot 2 bucks.

Good luck,
David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts