New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tip, didnt think of that ,....guess 3 cinder blocks are in order with another can of brown paint lol, im new to this stuff so im still learning,so any suggestions is appreciated

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Too low was my Original thought
Racoons and turkey
also all the weight may Bow the legs The legs should be more vertical to support the weight

Just a thought

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah , thanks parker the guy from my job that does maintence work welded the plates on the legs i asked for like a 60 degree angle but he cut at 45 and already welded so i didnt wanna make to much of a stink...... so maybe what i'll do is put an eye hook on lid and rope it up alittle to make it little lighter on legs,

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
You could also just not fill it too much. If that is a 55 gallon it is gonna hold about 350lbs. \

You don"t want to put that much in it anyway .. It could get Moldy and glog up the whole

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
As low as that is the deer will eat right out of the spinner plate and just empty the whole feeder (well until it kicks on with their tongue in it). If you do put it up that low I would put some sort of wire cage around the feeder portion hanging down so it prevents deer and ***** from feeding right out of it.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
you got the right idea. go to dicks or sporting goods store and buy the "cleats" made for feeders. can get them for $ 15.00. If money is tight you can cut a wedge out of wood to put between the bracket and barrel to adjust the angle.

You get the angle right and you can just add additional poles to get it higer off the ground.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i might just raise it up a little more it's about 5 feet or so from ground , i wish i had a pipe bending machine bend the ends straight up and down and add extentions pipe on it but i dont have a metal shop to do it .....where's occ when u need them lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts