New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm itching to go out but I decided to take a break untill Monday. One reason is because of my crappy luck / circumstances the last couple of days and the 2nd reason is the weather, but I will be itching to go come Monday.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
SAturday is still looking good weather wise.... I'll go out friday afternoon if no rain, BUt I know I will be out Saturday morning, afternoon, & evening

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I'll be out Saturday morning. If not raining tomorrow afternoon I'll go then too.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the way its raining now you would have to be nuts to go out there

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
the way its raining now you would have to be nuts to go out there
You're the one itching to go.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i was out this morning. no rain here in hunterdon until about 45 minutes ago. i saw 17 deer this morning. i missed an 8 pointer but got a big doe.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'll try to get out as soon as the mess in my basement is cleaned up!! The water just keeps coming in thru the cracks in the cement slab. Got to suck it up every 1/2 hr or so. My basement is finished, so it sucks!!! It also happens to be the only room I;m allowed (wife) to have as my own (12'x12') to hang my heads in:D...Oh I also get the garage..Wow.. SO needless to say my room of the house is taking on water [mad] and I'm not happy[down]. I hope to get out Saturday afternoon...good luck

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well, they just sent out an e-mail here at work that we can leave (w/pay) if we wanna, so I may make the evening post in Sergeantsville provided there aren't any torrential downpours or deluges!!!![cool][up]

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO GET OUT THIS WEEKEND!!!!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Hey JR do you own a shop vac? Come on over my friend of many years and I'll buy the beer!:D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Went and baited 2 stands at lunch today - walked in on a day at 1pm eating on one pile - but have to say was suprised that there was corn left. They usually clean it out in 1-2 days. Weather must be changing feeding habbits. would be great for temps to drop about 10 degrees.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
i was out this morning. no rain here in hunterdon until about 45 minutes ago. i saw 17 deer this morning. i missed an 8 pointer but got a big doe.
Congrats on the doe, better luck next time with the 8 pointer. I just got in from work, saw deer everywhere in the fields on the way home. It's just raining lightly here, kind of misty with steady rain from time to time. Now if it were just a little cooler.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I didn't get out today, but did make it out yesterday afternoon. Saw a doe and two fawns come to the field of biologic, but the wind must have had them very spooked. No way they smelled me because the wind was blowing pretty strong right from them to me, but they seemed spooked out in the field and bolted back into the woods.

On Monday I was out on a farm in zone 28 in the afternoon. I had two fawns come out right at 5:30pm, one was a big button buck, the other a small doe fawn. They fed in the cut corn field for about 20 minutes, then walked around the bend and out of sight. At about 6:00pm, I had a small spike and a 3 pointer come out and start sparring in the field about 25 yards from me. They squared off for about 10 minutes, then moved further down the field towards the mowed hay. I also saw 3 or 4 deer about 200 yards away and figured I would see how they reacted to the can call. I turned the thing over a few times and all the sudden heard all this commotion from the hayfield. The two little bucks and 4 other deer came running towards me. The lead deer was a big doe, and she was looking for the source of the sound. She zeroed in on my position, but didn't see a deer and started to get spooky. She never came closer than 40 yards, and I don't shoot deer that far, so she got a pass. I watched the two little bucks chase the does and fawns around the field for the next 30 minutes, then they all moved across the field and went into the woods with the deer I saw 200 yards away. Was a good afternoon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts