New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out fishing with Hkdonfishn last night for some catfish, well we didnt catch any catfish, but we found out the reason why, right before we left i caughta snapping turtle that had to weight roughly 50lbs!!!! I fought this turtle for about 10 15 mins, got it to shore a few times before it snapped my line. And again, I didnt have the camera with me!

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
That thing was huge....!!!! And it was pissed everytime it came up to us it started hissing. The head on it was huge. I agree no more leaving the house without the camera. [up]

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back in PA we used to go hunt snappers on this private pond for an older guy, he said they used to eat the ducks and big fish in the pond. we used to shoot them with .22's

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I now have the camera in my truck, and will take it every where like a tourist, cause in the past weeks I had 2 bear less than 20 yards away from me, a 50lb snapper, and I hooked hkdonfishn in his head with a b [no swearing please] lure, so I wont miss anything else from now on!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I work at a lake in the summertime down here in SJ. The lake is full of snappers. Just yesterday I watched for about 15 minutes a Canadian(or are they now called New Jersey) goose fight off a snapper. The turtle had the goose by the left leg and was trying to pull him under and the goose was trying to fly away. What a struggle. I saw the goose today standing on the bank of the lake on one leg. The other leg was there but badly deformed. I've seen a couple of snappers here over the past ten years that look as big as manhole covers!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Just Game Recipes - Turtle Recipes[smirk][cool]

http://www.justgamerecipes.com/inxtur.html

Turtle Soup Recipe Solutions
http://yummyweb.ca/turtle-soup-recipe.html
(The Mock Turtel Soup Recipe at the end is for Drag since he's not catching anything 'cuz he's always workin' on his "birds nests"!!!!:D[smirk]

Includes:

Zatarain's Turtle Soup Recipe
Find traditional New Orleans recipes for Turtle Soup and more at Zatarain.com. Zatarain's - A New Orleans Tradition - Since 1889. …

Turtle Soup
… Turtle Soup, 1 Snapping Turtle Any old soup recipe will work for (snapping) turtle soup. The main problem with turtle soup is cleaning the turtle. …

Turtle Soup
… dessert. Arnaud's Restaurant, in the French Quarter, also has great turtle soup, and the recipe is quite different. Commander's …

Rathbun's Recipes - Mock Turtle Soup Recipe from Rathbun's of …
Back. MOCK TURTLE SOUP WITH DRY SACK SHERRY. By Rathbun's of Atlanta. For the roux: ½ cup clarified butter. ½ cup all purpose flour. For the soup: …

iChef.com Free Recipes - Seafood Recipes: Snapper Turtle Soup
… Click Here. Snapper Turtle Soup. Click category for more recipes: Seafood Recipes. Average Rating: (21 votes). Yield: 6 to 8 servi Ingredients 5, lb, Turtle, …

Louisiana Foods - Cajun & Creole Recipe for Turtle Soup
… Simmer soup until turtle becomes tender at which time you may add your lemon diced eggs and parsley. … Looking for a special recipe? …

JS Online: Take slow road to savory turtle soup
… Renee Knudson, Green Bay, and T. Stoney Schowalter, via e-mail, sent recipes for turtle soup as requested by S. Kolosick, Greenfield. …

Recipe: MOCK TURTLE SOUP
… I'm happy for the turtles--but miss the extraordinary turtle soup I ate in my … Now that sea turtle meat is prohibited by law, this recipe makes a …

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
It has been quite a few years now that I have caught a snapper while fishing. They are fun to catch. If you are able to bring it on shore taunt it with a stick and watch them snap it.
I have also caught water snakes and frogs while fishing too.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Bambis Only -

Only you would play the voyeur and stare at a turtle during such a "personal/private" time!!!! Shame on you!!!! :D

Then again, you most likely had every right to watch, as you're probably the "expectant father" of the baby turtles!!!!:D:p[smirk]

Naaaaaw!!!! Correction - Can't be possible - Wasn't a male turtle!!!:p[smirk]

·
Registered
623 Posts
OOO someone has jokes .... Listen here cue ball that turtle was alot better looking then the broad you got all dressed up and took pictures of ....I wont post the pics to save you the embarassment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was at Echo Lake last week and saw a huge Snapper right next to the road laying eggs. It looked pissed that I was watching it. It was sitting there for a good 20 mins before it buried the eggs and took off like a bat out of hell. The thing was the size of a garbage pail lid. It was a monster.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts