New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out fishing with Hkdonfishn last night for some catfish, well we didnt catch any catfish, but we found out the reason why, right before we left i caughta snapping turtle that had to weight roughly 50lbs!!!! I fought this turtle for about 10 15 mins, got it to shore a few times before it snapped my line. And again, I didnt have the camera with me!

· Registered
5,268 Posts
That thing was huge....!!!! And it was pissed everytime it came up to us it started hissing. The head on it was huge. I agree no more leaving the house without the camera. [up]

· Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I now have the camera in my truck, and will take it every where like a tourist, cause in the past weeks I had 2 bear less than 20 yards away from me, a 50lb snapper, and I hooked hkdonfishn in his head with a b [no swearing please] lure, so I wont miss anything else from now on!!!!!!

· Registered
3,102 Posts
I work at a lake in the summertime down here in SJ. The lake is full of snappers. Just yesterday I watched for about 15 minutes a Canadian(or are they now called New Jersey) goose fight off a snapper. The turtle had the goose by the left leg and was trying to pull him under and the goose was trying to fly away. What a struggle. I saw the goose today standing on the bank of the lake on one leg. The other leg was there but badly deformed. I've seen a couple of snappers here over the past ten years that look as big as manhole covers!

· Registered
1,119 Posts
Just Game Recipes - Turtle Recipes[smirk][cool]

http://www.justgamerecipes.com/inxtur.html

Turtle Soup Recipe Solutions
http://yummyweb.ca/turtle-soup-recipe.html
(The Mock Turtel Soup Recipe at the end is for Drag since he's not catching anything 'cuz he's always workin' on his "birds nests"!!!!:D[smirk]

Includes:

Zatarain's Turtle Soup Recipe
Find traditional New Orleans recipes for Turtle Soup and more at Zatarain.com. Zatarain's - A New Orleans Tradition - Since 1889. …

Turtle Soup
… Turtle Soup, 1 Snapping Turtle Any old soup recipe will work for (snapping) turtle soup. The main problem with turtle soup is cleaning the turtle. …

Turtle Soup
… dessert. Arnaud's Restaurant, in the French Quarter, also has great turtle soup, and the recipe is quite different. Commander's …

Rathbun's Recipes - Mock Turtle Soup Recipe from Rathbun's of …
Back. MOCK TURTLE SOUP WITH DRY SACK SHERRY. By Rathbun's of Atlanta. For the roux: ½ cup clarified butter. ½ cup all purpose flour. For the soup: …

iChef.com Free Recipes - Seafood Recipes: Snapper Turtle Soup
… Click Here. Snapper Turtle Soup. Click category for more recipes: Seafood Recipes. Average Rating: (21 votes). Yield: 6 to 8 servi Ingredients 5, lb, Turtle, …

Louisiana Foods - Cajun & Creole Recipe for Turtle Soup
… Simmer soup until turtle becomes tender at which time you may add your lemon diced eggs and parsley. … Looking for a special recipe? …

JS Online: Take slow road to savory turtle soup
… Renee Knudson, Green Bay, and T. Stoney Schowalter, via e-mail, sent recipes for turtle soup as requested by S. Kolosick, Greenfield. …

Recipe: MOCK TURTLE SOUP
… I'm happy for the turtles--but miss the extraordinary turtle soup I ate in my … Now that sea turtle meat is prohibited by law, this recipe makes a …

· Registered
13,427 Posts
It has been quite a few years now that I have caught a snapper while fishing. They are fun to catch. If you are able to bring it on shore taunt it with a stick and watch them snap it.
I have also caught water snakes and frogs while fishing too.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
Bambis Only -

Only you would play the voyeur and stare at a turtle during such a "personal/private" time!!!! Shame on you!!!! :D

Then again, you most likely had every right to watch, as you're probably the "expectant father" of the baby turtles!!!!:D:p[smirk]

Naaaaaw!!!! Correction - Can't be possible - Wasn't a male turtle!!!:p[smirk]

· Registered
4 Posts
I was at Echo Lake last week and saw a huge Snapper right next to the road laying eggs. It looked pissed that I was watching it. It was sitting there for a good 20 mins before it buried the eggs and took off like a bat out of hell. The thing was the size of a garbage pail lid. It was a monster.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.