Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 Venison backstrap
1 cup stuffing ( any kind )
1 large bell pepper
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
pinch of Salt & Pepper

Take fresh backstrap and partly freeze it ( easier to cut ). lay it down and carefuly slice it as you roll it to make a big flat long piece of meat. Put in smoker for 5 minutes. Make stuffing, and cut peppers into strips ( long ). after meat is been smoked for 5 minutes lay on plate and add garlic, stuffing, salt & pepper to teast. Roll meat up and tie or toothpick to hold it closed. smoke for 1to 1 1/ 2 hours, server over Rice or by it's self.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
A Chianti or a Valpolicella with that?

B

·
0 Posts
I have a few backstraps for you.....You can make that dish for all of us the day before opening day for the shotgun season!!!!![up]

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shotgun season is SHOTGUN season..... 6-day is 6-DAY.... muzzleloader season is MUZZLELOADER season

These are the 3 different firearm season in New Jersey..... Better read your Reg's BHC

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's alway's splitting something. 1st it was deer pelvis, now splitting hair's
OK if you think I'm splitting anything, look at the Reg's from 2004-2005
04-05 REG's You will see that there is a season for SHOTGUN, MUZZLELOADER,6-DAY, ARCHERY.... Get your Seasons right....

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Call it flamethrower season for all I care, I just want some of the smoked rolled backstraps....MMMmmmmmm....backstraps...huhuhuhuhuuu

(thats my best homer simpson impression over the computer):D

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
only one thing better---wrap it in proscuitto before you smoke it!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
That sounds really delicious :p
So, when do several hundred of us show up for dinner? :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts