New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you northern NJ guys know of one or two good streams to wade and catch smallmouth bass? Seems like every other stream in PA has decent smallmouth fishing, is northern NJ any different?

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I used to do good over in stevens state park for smallies. allamuchy is good to over by waterloo village area.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
What are the good baits or lures?

·
Registered
505 Posts
south branch of raritan, deleware, live bait: tops are helgamites, p'burg bait and tackle sells them, they also sell leaches !!!! jigs would be my first pick

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I fished the Delaware above Bull's Island for the first time about 3 weeks ago.I caught over a dozen smallies and one largemouth. 75% of which were keepers.Yes, I threw them back too_Overall,I thought it was pretty decent fishing.[up]

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I fished the Delaware above Bull's Island for the first time about 3 weeks ago.I caught over a dozen smallies and one largemouth. 75% of which were keepers
Do you need a boat up there, or can you wade it?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
After hunting season anyone want to hit these spots with me? I don't know those streams/ rivers.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
nothing beats the delaware for smallies, from dingmmans ferry down to the route 80 bridge i think is the best. you can wade, but nothing beats drifting the river from ramp to ramp. two years ago we were going every weekend, catching atleast 50 fish a boat a day. live killies kill em if your into live bait, spinners and rapalas do the trick if you like lures.

delaware river, from dingmans down to route 80= most beautiful area in jersey

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I caught on in the Delaware near Dingmans on a shad dart.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
The Delaware above ten mile river is great for small mouths and any fast water holds trout.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
nothing beats the delaware for smallies, from dingmmans ferry down to the route 80 bridge i think is the best. you can wade, but nothing beats drifting the river from ramp to ramp. two years ago we were going every weekend, catching atleast 50 fish a boat a day. live killies kill em if your into live bait, spinners and rapalas do the trick if you like lures.

delaware river, from dingmans down to route 80= most beautiful area in jersey
\
I could not agree more!! You can catch them on baby night crawlers in the Paulinskill up behind Brass rose spa in Blairstown or Behind Lowes in The musconetcong in Hackettstown also. I use spinners and 4" senkos on the delaware. Blue fox vibrax #2 and bigger. Occasional Musky caught in the process
MPEMPT24 I would be glad to show you sometime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.