New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
back from dr. endocrinologist. in feb i had my thyroid gland hit with radioactive iodine. thyroid now dead. dead tyhroid, went from 207 to 245, still have the appitite of a 17 yer old. heavyness could be part of the snoreing , air gasping, gave me a rx for thiroid med, start exerciz. diet usual stuff said i should start to feel better in a week or two. lets see.. but this dose not end here.... thanx be to all;;;;

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
Eat lots of salads, and small snacks of healthy stuff in between meals to keep you feeling full. And simple walking is good exercise to start off too. Keep us updated . . .

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
i have appthnia aswell but chose not to get the machine the other option was surgery they cut away part of the pallett doc said mine was concidered mild he had ones that stoped breathing over a hundred times a night but the snoaring drives my wife crazy i cant sleep with a mask on thats why i opted not to do it

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
Hey, you can always start smoking again too, that'll kill the appetite [lol][lol][lol]

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I also have it, I did not do anything about it, then I found myself dozeing wile driveing down the road, also at work, and I operate heavy equipment, let me tell you if you do not sleep at night, you will start falling a sleep during the day and not even know it till you wake up. if you do..

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
i also have it..doc said surgery was not 100% .so i went with the mask..now i never felt better..takes awhile getting use to it but now i cant fall asleep with out it...any questions let me know i have a great mask..that moves with your face kinda like a huvacraft(if thats how you spell it) let me knwo if you need any info

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
I have had the CPAP since last fall. It took a while to get used to. They had it on 8cm/wc and I didn't see much help as far as daytime sleepiness. They bumped it up to 11cm/wc and I now feel much better.

If you get one check what your out of pocket expense will be because it machine is very expensive. I could have gotten mine from an outfit called Lincare. I think my out of pocket would have been less with them. In addition to that they send a respitory therapist to your home to set it up. However the scumbag doctor I went to insisted I get it through his office. So now I am getting hit for $400 per 3 months out of pocket and I have to drive to Cedar Knolls to get any adjustments made.

Another thing to consider is the surgery or the dental mouthpiece. It seems these docs that push the CPAP try to claim the other alternatives don't work. Based on my doc they are just money grubbing dirtbags that who are just trying to line their pockets rather than get the patient the best treatment.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Bayonne
i have appthnia aswell but chose not to get the machine the other option was surgery they cut away part of the pallett doc said mine was concidered mild he had ones that stoped breathing over a hundred times a night but the snoaring drives my wife crazy i cant sleep with a mask on thats why i opted not to do it
I was in the same boat as you and made the same
choice and my wife is still complaining. I Spent $1500.00 on the machine,soft mask & heater.

·
Registered
18,258 Posts
I Spent $1500.00 on the machine,soft mask & heater.
wow!!!! mine was covered by insurance. i paid nada. plus every 3 months they replace the mask, filter and tube. i have the humidifier built in as well. i went to Hunterdon sleep center and the cpap was out of youngs medical suppply oout of bethlehem PA.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Anyone get the "oral appliance". My dentist made it for me. It's like an upper and lower mouth guard that extends your lower jaw to flatten your soft pallet. It's a good alternative to the CPAP machine. Works very well for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.