New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just sitting in my Room commenting on NJ Gunners, Camoflauge Post and I started to smell a Skunk. So I went out-side with a Flashlight and was looking around for it. Didnt see it but Smelled it Strong, my Questions are

# 1. How far can a Skunk be away from you, but you can still smell it?

# 2. What is Good Skunk Bait? I would love to grab my "Pellet Gun" and put one through his head.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Yup, Tuna or fish smell. We had one caught in a commercial crab pot in the 80s because my neighbor didn't clean out the bait holder well enough. Next morning we had a job on our hands in getting the skunk out without being sprayed.

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let your dog off the leash at night. It worked for me. (twice with the same dog)
I have a Nice Size, Border Collie, he could probably kill it, but he would probably get Sprayed by the Skunk before he got to do anything though.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I use hot dogs.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
maybe it was a stink bug? i have thoought at times last year it was a skunk but it was one of those stink bugs.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
My thought too. Unless you see it and it's acting strange, like rabies or distemper, why not leave it alone?

Maybe it's just me but I don't feel the need to kill everything because it's there. [confusedagain]

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I don't feel the need to kill everything because it's there.
My thoughts exactly! It ain hurting nothing, just passing thru most likely.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
# 1. How far can a Skunk be away from you, but you can still smell it?
Any thoughts? Almost every night i smell a skunk when i am sleeping and sometimes the smell is so strong i would swear it is outside my window on my roof.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Any thoughts? Almost every night i smell a skunk when i am sleeping and sometimes the smell is so strong i would swear it is outside my window on my roof.
Ring, did you ever think about taking a shower?[ko][hihi][rofl]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
If the wind is right you could smell a skunk that sprayed from a loooong way off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts