New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snowboarding is cool. If I get enough interest I'll set something up.

·
Registered
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where would you guys want to go? Keep it in New Jersey, or head to PA, NY, MA, VT?

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
Of all the local mountains, Mountain Creek is still the best IMO since Killington bought them. I don't think any of the PA mountains are worth a day trip except maybe Elk mountain but their rentals last time I was there sucked. Not an issue for anyone who has equipment though. Hunter is OK but the lift lines are horrid and there are alot of bottlenecks that can get a little hairy.

Obviously VT and NH are the cat's meow for NE mountains, but that's too far IMO for a day trip unless you guys wanted to have a weekend excursion of snow, poker, women and beer! OK, OK some of you are married, we'll take it easy on the beer! :D

My vote is for MC in Vernon NJ for a day trip, VT otherwise! [up]

·
Registered
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mountain Creek is good and close. I also like Windham over Hunter if we go to NY.

·
Registered
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Camelback
Never been to Camelback.

Anyone interested put in your choice of area. I would think we will probably do a day trip. What days are good?

·
Registered
962 Posts
FYI - A great group of people calling themselves the Ski Bums of New Jersey runs a bus to Hunter Mountain every Wednesday. Leaves Lincroft at 5:30am, Clark at 6am and Ridgewood at 6:30am. Cost is $65 for round trip bus and lift ticket. Call Carole at 732/462-7075 and tell her Mike and Arnelle sent you. Again - this is a great group of people!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.