New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in a ski get together?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure, in tight sweater in the bar.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snowboarding is cool. If I get enough interest I'll set something up.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where would you guys want to go? Keep it in New Jersey, or head to PA, NY, MA, VT?

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Of all the local mountains, Mountain Creek is still the best IMO since Killington bought them. I don't think any of the PA mountains are worth a day trip except maybe Elk mountain but their rentals last time I was there sucked. Not an issue for anyone who has equipment though. Hunter is OK but the lift lines are horrid and there are alot of bottlenecks that can get a little hairy.

Obviously VT and NH are the cat's meow for NE mountains, but that's too far IMO for a day trip unless you guys wanted to have a weekend excursion of snow, poker, women and beer! OK, OK some of you are married, we'll take it easy on the beer! :D

My vote is for MC in Vernon NJ for a day trip, VT otherwise! [up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mountain Creek is good and close. I also like Windham over Hunter if we go to NY.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
No Camelback?? Are the lines really long?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Camelback
Never been to Camelback.

Anyone interested put in your choice of area. I would think we will probably do a day trip. What days are good?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Count me in...I snowboard...Moutain Creek is prob our best option..close and if you get there either early on weekends or late afternoon on Sat or Sun lift lines not too bad..

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I whent to camel back a couple times its pretty good.PLus you can get good eqipment to rent from the store down the road which is much much cheaper,And also they have a taxidermest in the back of the rental shop.:D

·
Registered
971 Posts
FYI - A great group of people calling themselves the Ski Bums of New Jersey runs a bus to Hunter Mountain every Wednesday. Leaves Lincroft at 5:30am, Clark at 6am and Ridgewood at 6:30am. Cost is $65 for round trip bus and lift ticket. Call Carole at 732/462-7075 and tell her Mike and Arnelle sent you. Again - this is a great group of people!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.