New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a call from my brother-in-law at 4pm. coyote hit and alive still.
on woodbury/glassboro rd rt553 past the golf course at the bottom of the hill.
it was still alive when he pulled over, hit in the hind quarters. some dumb ass woman pulls over and tries to help the "dog" get up. he's on the phone to me as this is happening. he tells her it's a coyote and be carefull. she snapped back there are no coyotes around here, and trys again to help it get up.[lol]
i called a CO's cell, not working today. i call f+g, they have no CO's close. i call the police, they aready know and officer on the way.
brother-in-law calls back. police show and call animal welfare to deal with it.
when the cops pulled up the lady got in her car and left real quick.

some people just want to believe there are coyotes near towns. i saw one a few weeks ago a few miles from here. they are running all the crick bottoms to avoid people.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I here ya, a few of them were living some woods in my backyard, i tryed to take the dog out wouldent go. dragged him out, and all i saw were 2 pairs of glowing eyes! craped my pants grabed the bow but they were gone, my neighbow dident belive me she said, there arent any coyotes in Bergen county!

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
We had one in the backyard of a residence today. A female with 7 pups.
We'll have to take care of them this year during the deer drives. [hihi]

·
Registered
325 Posts
Back in 2007, I spotted 9 coyotes in the property adjacent to mine in Middletown. Mysteriously, I haven't seen them since. I'm sure that the Middletown Police Dept had something to do with it after those kids got attacked. My wife has told me she's heard consecutive gunshots during deer season, but guess what...the day she heard the shots was a muzzleloader only day in zone 50 [confused][confused][confused] Anybody know a 'loader that can get off 3 shots in less than 15 seconds? Interestingly enough the property is also a commercially owned piece with NO HUNTING posted all over it.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
u shoulda said go a right ahead ma'am, please help this wounded "dog" up [hihi]

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That's only @ a mile from my house. I have been seeing lots of tracks and hearing them pretty regularly this year. I hope they start thinning out the cat population in my neighborhood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.