New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tis the season!! A hunting season filled with scum that takes enjoyment in stealing other peoples hunting equipment!
I have hunted a specific piece of property for YEARS without having any of stands or cameras stolen. I know the surrounding neighbors and some of the other hunters and all are very respectful. BUT THERE HAS TO BE THAT ONE SCUMBAG!

What really pisses me off about having my stands and cameras stolen is not that it affects me entirely but it affects my family. I have an extremely busy schedule with working full time, attending college full time and have 2 children. So its honestly so rewarding that once in a blue moon, that both my wife and I get to hunt together and when my stands are stolen it honestly eliminates those once in a blue moon events that my wife and i like to share together because we just cant keep affording to replace stands, locks and chain. Its sickening!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
I could not imagine doing this to a fellow hunter. I know the disappointment when i finally got time to go and someone cut the entire tree down that my lock on was on

·
Registered
913 Posts
Tell me bro. Is really sad when you have scumbags walking the woods with power tools to cut chains... it happened to me also. smh

Reactions: alecsZ7

·
Registered
696 Posts
Tis the season!! A hunting season filled with scum that takes enjoyment in stealing other peoples hunting equipment!
I have hunted a specific piece of property for YEARS without having any of stands or cameras stolen. I know the surrounding neighbors and some of the other hunters and all are very respectful. BUT THERE HAS TO BE THAT ONE SCUMBAG!

What really pisses me off about having my stands and cameras stolen is not that it affects me entirely but it affects my family. I have an extremely busy schedule with working full time, attending college full time and have 2 children. So its honestly so rewarding that once in a blue moon, that both my wife and I get to hunt together and when my stands are stolen it honestly eliminates those once in a blue moon events that my wife and i like to share together because we just cant keep affording to replace stands, locks and chain. Its sickening!
I feel your pain. 3 kids, active in sports, I coach in town, and work up to 70 hrs work weeks when the OT is offered . So yes, my days are limited also. On many occasions, state land, I would put out a stand or 2, with my contact info in a zip lock bag attached to rail,steps etc, come to finally hunt it and yes it's gone. So now it's a natural ground blind I'll setup on a ridge or finger overlooking a valley.
Or better yet just go to maine,lol

·
Registered
664 Posts
I feel your pain I had the same problem few years back tried to catch the people but they would just keep stealing so we did a few very late night sits and all I can say is these 3 morons will never steal from anyone again some people just make you take to the next level

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
sorry to hear. been in that club many times. find a big blow down tree or trees area and get some cheapo wallyworld fold up chairs and foam cushion and hollow out a spot inside the mess. if you get a good one youll also have a rest for your gun or crossbopw.first time it happened to me 20 sum years ago i waas sick to my stomache but rather than dwell i kept at it. glad i did. nothing like the outdoors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
knock on wood but its been two years since i had a stand stolen. i installed wireless cams on my property seems to work. so far

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Sorry to hear alec, I had not only stands stolen over the years. so I built ground blinds in these same areas. so they trash them on me. than I was done with that spot .. I have 2 climbers and tree steps you are welcome to have for free. I don't stand hunt anymore. I am right in Vernon.pm me and they are yours.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The number 1 reason i gave up on deer hunting in n.j. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scumbags stealing and messing with your area or setups !!!!! Sorry for your encounter with the nj antler crazy shit heads !

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hear ya I got young kids and the old ball and chain plus work. I only hunt mornings for now to help out with bedtime routines at night when I’m not working nights, so my time is limited in the woods. Waking up at 4am and walking 30 minutes in the dark through thick stuff to where you swore your stand was only to search and realize someone stole your climbing sticks but left the crappy stand at the top for you to look at but can’t get into. If I would have found that sucker stealing my stuff I would be looking out my window every time I heard cars parking outside my house or down the road thinking they found the body in the woods.
But lessons learned I bring my climber with me and leave it locked in my truck Incase that happens again.
People suck don’t let them win and only hope they fall out of the stolen stand and have to piss out of a tube from now on.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
It DOES suck. I've given up on trying to keep stands in the woods, I just build brush blinds now & hide behind them. Not worth the stress anymore of trying to catch thieves.

·
Registered
181 Posts

send me a pm, I have some extra stands i no longer use and im in stillwater. free just pickup..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts