New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen alot of deer p [no swearing please] under my stands this year, but I think this guy will top them all. I think I should p [no swearing please] up the small sixes and eights, I've been seeing everyday and wait for this guy next week. It looks like his brow tines are split in some of the pictures. Now HE just might be big enough to be a wall hanger :D

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
If you are shotgun hunting, take the first nice buck that comes through and then wait on him. You can shoot 2 bucks so you aren't losing anything by taking another buck first.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'll wait for the biggin" . No one else is hunting near this property so I won't take a chance on spooking him out by shooting the " little 8 ' behind him.
I've got till the end of January to get him, and I WILL GET HIM !
I'm a man on a mission now. I've done 10 -12 hours a day in a tree, before, and I can do it again. I'm a patient man :D
Then again I could stay home one day and try for this guy, he's hanging in my woods. And he ain't no slouch on headgear
:D:D

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Yeah that last buck has a nice body on him not to mention a good lookin rack.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, That body comes from a summertime diet of corn, alfalfa, and soybeans. Not to mention, him and his buddies finish off a bait pile like the one in the pix everyday. Sometimes a 5 gal. bucket of corn, bushel of apples, and an armful of pumpkins, everyday. I just started feeding them spinach. There's 150 acres around me so it's free. I guess I'm kinda " marinating " them before I shoot them :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'd put the big buck in the first picture at around

120 to 130 class. Spread around 18"-/+, Main beams

around 20" long, 7" browtines, 9 to 11 pts. and

Medium mass. Probablely, 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old.

Nice NJ buck, I'd wait for him. You already have

some meat from PA. That bruiser in the last photo

is fat. Getting that meat ready, for the butcher.

Let me know if you get that big one and what he

scores. E:mail at [email protected] Good luck

and be safe.

Till our trails cross,
Ryan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.