New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in my stand late around 3 30ish had deer all around me..i passed on a few forkhorns and 5 pointer and made a shot on a decent 8 pointer at about 15 yards...teh shot looked a little bit back though..i watched him run about 60 yards away hard then stopped and stood still for a few minutes..then he proceeded to walk about 10 yards and bed down..i waited until well after dark(had a nice 7 pointer come by a few minutes after he beeded down) and snuck down out of my stanbd as queit as possible and left...im hoping that by giving him the night he will jus die where he was last bedded especially with it being so cold he might stiffin up a bit..any thoughts?? im going back tomorrow around noon to look..

Max

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
You did the right thing. When in doubt leave hime until the morning. You will get him.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Zone 36 is the suburban zone. What county are you in? Most of the Zone is no hunting due to population/etc. I live in Bergen County and I believe a portion is Zone 36.

Would be curious.. Thanks and good luck!

Bob

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea alot is suburban..it was a friends club...only a few members and they have a very small piece of property..probt he only time ill be hunting there this year...im not even sure what town it was in

max

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I agree with TJC, get out there earlier. You owe it to the deer. I really like the fact you passed on the other deer, kudos to you. I wish more would do the same. And yea... you may need a cordless saw if you do set it for like 1/2" haha..

Ryan

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Hey Max,

I know where that is, I buy gas at the Exxon station near there.

SXSshooter. I used to hunt with a Winchester Supreme, heh heh heh.

When are you coming back to the club?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we found the deer but it was destroyed by coyotes...im very upset about it but i know when i left he was not dead yet and iw ould have jus pushed him and pushed him...tough thing but i dont know what else i could have done..maybe kept pushing after him last night but the property isnt that big and chances are he would have left the small piece and that would have been that...being my first year bowhunting im still new to everything but i used what i thought was my best judgement and left it for the night...that was my last time going out before winter bow...hope to hit zone 13 for winter bow

1 - 20 of 30 Posts