New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Wow, what are the chances of getting a robin hood on film!

Awesome![up]

Other cool angles to shoot the video from are directly behind you, and also a few feet in front of you from a knee high tripod pointing at you. Seeing the arrow come out of the bow from that view is WILD! I used to have some video of my shooting, but I think someone taped over it. How do you post it on the internet anyway?

Keep up the great shooting!

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Very Nice. Now don't do that again.:D Man I just keep watching it. Nice to see good shooting like that. Now give us the lowdown, what poundage, what arrows and length and also what grain heads.????

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys ! I am shooting more at the 60 yard mark then the 20 and 30 . I am heading out to OR. in a couple weeks on an elk hunt and they make 50 yard shots all the time out there so I figured I better get to that range .

I am grouping about a 4inch group at 60 yards so I do not think that is that bad . I would like to get it with in a 3 inch group to be honest .

Bow is the Mathews Switchback set at 70# and 28 inch ICS 400 arrows with 100GR head . Not sure of the FPS since I have not shot it thru a chrono yet . No limb savers at all on the bow and I was shooting next to the camera first 6 shots . Great bow , I really like it !

First thing my wife said when I came in was....... Great waist a little more money why don't ya . lol

Don

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 1/2 months ???? Thats forever , you going to make it ???? :D

I leave Sept. 4th 9PM our time and will be in the woods 6AM their time on the 5th .

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Nice Vid Don... When you headed to Maine? My buddy drew a resident moose tag...Trying to get up there for that..Otherwise. I'll be up for the last week...

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Joe long time !!! We head up around the 10th and stay till the end of season .

Good luck on that moose tag what zone did he pull up there ?

Don

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
great shooting... ive got a robin hood at 20, 30, and 40 yards. all with UNI KNOCKS....its MUCH easier to robinhood arrows with new arrows because there is no cone shape on the bakc of the arrow to deflect your next arrow..you must be Much more dead on with the older arrows... the newer arrows that contain uniknocks pretty much guide your arrow into the shaft because they are open on the back. STILL difficult to do. if you WANT a robbinhood, you will get on much much faster if you dont shoot at bullseyes. shoot at small dots that you could barely see, this will tighten up your groups dramatically.[up] good luck

1 - 20 of 26 Posts