New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
I believe a fishing license is also acceptable
Yea I was wrong with that one.[ko] all that's needed is a valid hunting license. No rifle permit needed to shoot a muzzy or 22

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Don't be afraid to tell people not to touch there guns when people are downrange. Some just don't get it.
That is the primary reason I rarely shoot at the WMA ranges. Often shooters there have no sense of firearm safety. I never shoot there this time of year. Sometimes I will pattern a turkey gun there in Feb/Mar.

I have also run across some nefarious charecters shooting there. The concern is if you are there alone and to go to check your target when you come back your gun may have been stolen. I haven't heard of this actually hapening, but based of some of the low life looking thugs I have seen at the Clinton WMA range it is a concern.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Sometimes I will pattern a turkey gun there in Feb/Mar.
You should be doing that at the shotgun/trap range. Shotgun/MZ range is not for fine shot. I hate when guys do that, they take a shot and then want to stop the line so they can change their target, not all but enough.

"Muzzleloader is for muzzleloading firearms, shotguns with rifled slugs or buckshot and modern .22 caliber rimfire rifles only?...Taken from the state website.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.