New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied in September for my FID in New Brunswick, NJ. Police said about two months. I don't care if it's not the one month law as long as I get in the end of Nov/Dec. But anyway I got some questions about shooting. A hunter told me if I get a hunting license I can target practice (I'm thinking about getting a DDI ak and a 12 gal. shotgun) in "Wildlife management places." I would go to the range but most only allow .22 and good public ones are far from New Brunswick (+1 hour) just to shoot. I'm also wondering about open carry (long guns) if that was legal. Wondering that cause if I where to shoot at these place (if legal and possible) would I need to be in the middle of nowhere to get my gun out to shoot. Is open carry only ok for hunting? I mean I see no point to open carry a rifle in the city cause everyone see you (meaning if something bad happen you could be the first target) but it would be interesting see someone do it. Lastly hunting. I'm not a hunter and don't want to hunt (just not interested and I don't have a truck cause I'm a city boy) but I'm interested on what happens when an animal is killed. Like is it sold for meat or is it just a sport and the animal is left there. Any extra information about law especially the confusing parts would be awesome. Thanks again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry guys I just don't want to break any laws and don't have anyone in my family who shoots in the US (just Dominican Republic). In Dominican Republic is kill for meat to be eaten/sold but all animals are on the farmer property so that makes sense cause it was raised to be eaten. Maybe you guys can answer what you know? Or should I just call state police and Fishing and Hunting NJ.

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
I'm not a hunter and don't want to hunt (just not interested and I don't have a truck cause I'm a city boy) but I'm interested on what happens when an animal is killed. Like is it sold for meat or is it just a sport and the animal is left there
How about after you kill it you eat it[up]

·
Registered
852 Posts
The ranges on wma's are for hunters only not for general target practice. You can only shoot shotguns,muzzys,and 22s that's it. You need to find a private range to do the things you want to do. Everything you asked to do in your original post you will get arrested and fined out the ass for it. You have so many no no's I don't know where to start. Call fish and game headquarters they will fill you in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BLAME MY GRANDFATHER. He was a farmer from Dominican Republic who immgranted to the America for a better life.The city is the place he moved into and and so did all his kids (my aunts/uncles).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ranges on wma's are for hunters only not for general target practice. You can only shoot shotguns,muzzys,and 22s that's it. You need to find a private range to do the things you want to do. Everything you asked to do in your original post you will get arrested and fined out the ass for it. You have so many no no's I don't know where to start. Call fish and game headquarters they will fill you in.
Basically if you need to ask it's a no...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I figured you were young. You were quick to blame someone else for your problems. Contact NJ Division of Fish Game and Wildlife. They'll answer all of your questions. Don't trust some anonymous people on the internet to tell you what's legal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I figured you were young. You were quick to blame someone else for your problems. Contact NJ Division of Fish Game and Wildlife. They'll answer all of your questions. Don't trust some anonymous people on the internet to tell you what's legal.
Will do and thanks for the advice.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts