New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was practicing out of my blind (ill write a review of it soon enough for all of you) and noticed today the sun was beating right down on it and i could barely see my targets at 10 yards.

Anyone else have this problem?

Other then keeping the sun behind you anyone come up with any solutions? I want to leave the mesh up b/c without it you can still see it but I was thinking of just cutting some holes in it so it still has some cover but you can still make out small bits and pieces.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Deadbolt I would bother with that shoot through mesh. ESPECIALLY if you shoot a mechanical broadhead. Just leave all the windows in the back of the blind closed and open the ones you want to shoot though. Don't make yourself crazy bud.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have a hat with a short brim that helps me.
I was wearing a hat it didn't seem to do much...its when the sun shines on the mesh it makes the mesh super bright and stand out (to the human eye) and its hard to see through...when the sun isn't beating directly on it I dont have a problem.

Deadbolt I would bother with that shoot through mesh. ESPECIALLY if you shoot a mechanical broadhead. Just leave all the windows in the back of the blind closed and open the ones you want to shoot though. Don't make yourself crazy bud.
I will have two non hunters in the blind with me so the mesh needs to be in...I'm sure there will be alot of movement between the two of em and I want them to be comfy and be able to move if they need to.

The NRA AMERICAN HUNTER Magazine has a full write up / Test on shooting through Mesh windows.
I dont get the magazine could you post the article?

Lend me that blind for the first two days of the season. I have that hangar I need to take.....
Thats when Ill be using it haha!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have a mesh bug suit and have the same problem with the sun, and looking thru the mesh of the hood into the sun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.