New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have good/bad things to say? how crowded does it get during the week and weekends? i used to belong to cherry ridge and it was always so i crowded and rangers were so arrogant it took the fun out of it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i used to belong to cherry ridge and it was always so i crowded and rangers were so arrogant it took the fun out of it.
Rangers? Arrogant?

I've been a member and volunteer there since 2000, I've never had a bad day there.

Though, I am on the wait list at Shongum, also ... to participate in practical shooting, etc ...

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
I belonged years ago. I liked it we used to get a key card for 24 hour indoor shooting. I heard they closed because of noise violations so I never renewed.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Greenhead i am a cherry ridge member for years. I did have a bad experience myself. They changed a rule i was not aware of. I had two targets on my frame. The lady range officer told me i had to leave. They have since changed the rule back i think because i see lots of people doing it now. Most people are very friendly there and that was one incident in 6 or 7 years.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I'm not sure if they closed but they definetly still shoot there all the time still

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
uote:
i used to belong to cherry ridge and it was always so i crowded and rangers were so arrogant it took the fun out of it.

Rangers? Arrogant?

I've been a member and volunteer there since 2000, I've never had a bad day there.

Though, I am on the wait list at Shongum, also ... to participate in practical shooting, etc ...
Greenhead i am a cherry ridge member for years. I did have a bad experience myself. They changed a rule i was not aware of. I had two targets on my frame. The lady range officer told me i had to leave. They have since changed the rule back i think because i see lots of people doing it now. Most people are very friendly there and that was one incident in 6 or 7 years.
I have been a Cherry Ridge member since 1987. Everyone has been corrected by the range officers from time to time that is why the range is so safe. Usually they are curtious when pointing out safety infractions.

As far as two targets that was to assure the lead would end up in the birms when shooting at 50yds on the rifle range and less than 25yds on the pistol range. I was politely corrected on that by Kieth (RIP)once. I had a siloutte style pistol target and he suggested I staple a piece of paper over the head portion.

Cherry Ridge does get crowded sometimes especially during the summer. Often there are organized competitive shooting events in the warmer weather. It is important to check the range schedule before going. Usually these events are over at 2PM and some times earlier. If you arrive as the event ends you often almost have the range to your self.

Personally I cannot imagine a better place to shoot.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
230 grain hollow point do not get me wrong I belong there still and like the range. As with anything there is always someone who had a bad day or something. Most interactions with the range officers have been extremely positive. Most people are there to be safe and have fun. I have been shooting for 40+ years and certainly appreciate the fact that they run a tight ship my life depends on it.[up]
I am retired LEO and appreciate gun safety

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I heard they closed because of noise violations so I never renewed.
Shongum is very much opened and has a long waiting list. I was lucky to have gotten in there years ago after a short wait. Great range with no hassles. I shoot during the week if I go and I have yet to ever encounter a crowd. Weekends of course have more shooters but I have found everyone there to be friendly and it is just and enjoyable place.

I heard Cherry Ridge has gotten better with their range Nazi's. Have not been a member there since 2003 but because of the non friendly atmosphere the range Nazi's would create. Is a nice rang though.

Good luck and keep shoting[up]

SS!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have been a member for 2 years at Cherry Ridge and have never had a bad experience with any of the range officers. I brought my son there to shoot my pistol and one of them came over and spent about 5 minutes with him correcting his form. I guess we all have bad days now and them, but I've never had a bad experience with them and I go there about 5 times a month, usually early am. I have seen them call people out for safety violations but that's a good thing in my opinion. I want to leave in the same condition as I arrived.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys. Im interested in information on shongum, not cherry ridge. My family, friends, and I were members for years and I know all about cherry ridge and have guys that still tell me its just about the same. Please stick to topic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts