New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Bc,I have a call into my buddy Capt.SP waiting for a return call.I have shipped my rifle to a smith and back to the custom maker both out of state with no problems.Shipped USPS both times.I know this situation is different,especially in this state so it could go either way.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Something seems fishy here...other than the fact that BCsaw probably never really hunted in Montana....[confusedagain]

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Here's an example,I live in Cape May,buddy lives in High Point and I go hunting at my buddies property in HP and return home and forgot my rifle at his house.Is my friend allowed to mail my rifle to me to save me from driving all the way back?He is mailing something that already belongs to me,would that be legal or not on this commie state?

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
For the purpose of sale or transfer it must go through FFL. If it is your gun being sent back to you I thnk the state still requires it to be coming from an FFL, gunsmith or the factory. I don't think you can just have someone ship you a firearm even if it is yours but I never saw that in writing. In other states it is much easier. In PA you can sell a firearm to another PA resident and just ship it to their house.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
If you send your gun out to be warrantied they dont ship it back to ffl do they? No they ship it to your house because you are the owner. The ffl does the transfer for you if youre not the legal owner already

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
SP 634 applies to face to face transfers not shipping a firearm. Warranty work by the factory or a gunsmith it is allowed to be returned to the owner but that is not the same as a person (non FFL holding) shipping it to you.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Woody,that's what I did twice,once to have my rifle repaired by the custom maker and another to have the barrel fluted by a smith,both times sent directly back to my house.As you stated,I already owned the weapon,no transfer involved.

·
Registered
597 Posts
since you never transferred it to him he is in illegal possesion of it . so just tell him mail it . on the down lown .. oh too late

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
I'lll tell you what this is about...
ya nothing like transferring a weapon to someone you dont know VIA the internet. What did you do BC mail or email the certificate of eligibility back and forth? As a firearm owner you have an ethical obligation to verify the person you are transferring the weapon to, this usually happens face to face by verifying someones picture ID matches their name??[down][down][down][down][down][down][down]

This is all about saving a trip to buy someones gun which would be fine except for the fact they dont feel like going through FFL which would be the safest and most ethical thing to do considering they dont know each other...I Guess the only problem for him is that the shipping/FFL fee's would exceed the cost of his chinese rifle...

Verify the people you sell your weapons too.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Not legal.
Make the drive and sign the forms face-to-face.

Shipping to/from a gunsmith or manufacturer is perfectly legal and I have done so many times.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
BCsaw bought it off Ebay and had it shipped to him for resale on NJH so he could make money off the transaction so he figured he could ship it to a nother buyer. This guy isn't even a hunter...just an opportunist....[down]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts