New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.Is it legal for me to order and have shipped to my house a bow or muzzleloader from a Cabela's or Bass pro?

2.Muzzle loaders kits, same question, and has anyone purchased and put togather thier own muzzy?
http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/p...d=103&osCsid=1e292946d4d9168065c8f8936a7c544b

3. Can a muzzleloading pistol be purchased without a pistol permit? I realize a muzzloading rifle can be purchased without an FID.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this a dumb question or is nobody sure? [confused]

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Bows no problem at all,, handguns and long arms need a ffl dealer but I'm not sure on a muzzy without interchangeable barrels. An encore for sure needs a ffl, kits and dedicated muzzy's probably do to,,we live in a free state. [wallmad]

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Federal law does not consider dedicated muzzle loading weapons to be "firearms", however NJ does consider them to be firearms under Title 2C.

Having any muzzloader (rifle, shotgun or pistol) shipped directly to you in NJ would be a violation of NJ state law. You would have to have it shipped to a FFL, and then picked up by you (requiring FID card for long guns & Handgun Purchasers Permit for each pistol), although no NICS check is required.

Welcome to The People's Republic of NJ. [wallmad]

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Cabelas or Bass Pro can tell you what they can ship to your home, and what they cannot.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Cabelas and like stores will not ship a BP rifle or pistol directly to a NJ buyer's home. If you have a friend in PA or NY have it shipped there in their name.

For private sales. Take the MZ apart as much as possible and ship as "machined parts". Note...Can't do this with a T/C Encore or any other MZ that readily accepts CF rifle barrels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts