New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
With a 30" draw I would go as short as safe will allow. A longer arrow weakens spine and adds weight. I have a 31 1/2" draw and arrows are way long but tuned right.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lmao of course man.I've shot my recurve when I was younger.I enjoy all hunting and I've been playing with a crossbow cause I picked it up for like 90$

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
long enough so your broadhead clears

.....obviously,but is length a personal choice? how long is too long and wont longer be a tad heavier?

Actually Chris was right. Make sure your broadhead clears your rest (most people prefer around an inch of clearance) and you're good to go. There's too many factors for people to give you an exact number. Remember, alot of people don't take into account the string loop. I have a 28 1/2" draw PLUS a half inch for the string loop.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
buy uncut shafts, take them to a shop or have a buddy help you, pull your bow back with finger off your release and have your buddy mark on the shaft where the shaft is on the rest, then depending on your broadhead, add a 1/2 inch to an inch

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol thanks.never used a loop.was thinking that last night.I have to have draw shortened to accomidate that.recurse only in past

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[up]thanks guys.any tips you all have is appreciated keep the positive comments going.pass the art on.as im looking to do with my new addition

1 - 18 of 18 Posts