New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the rain for the next few days I figured it would be a good time to set out my last stand.I've added some trail cam pics of the deer in this area I've nicknamed it the "Honey Hole"

The flash doesn't seem to bother the deer. I hope first sign of cool weather gets them moving in daylight hours.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up][up]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Bowhunter444 you are definitely in for a good season. Me personally I would have set my stand in the group of trees to the right. There is far more cover. You know your area though and your great success on big bucks arround the Mill has proven you may be right on this one. What made you not want to hang in group of three trees? Are they not thick enough? As for the bucks... HOLY SMOKES you have some bigguns running around that spot. WOW

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Cam pics of deer are cool, but what's better is seeing everyone's stand up in the tree or sometimes when hunters snap a few pictures from their stand to the ground below. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would have set my stand in the group of trees to the right.
They are too skinny for me plus they are sassafras trees and will lose their leaves soon

how high up is that stand?
About 22 feet

As for cover I have the api tree limbs that attach to the front of the stand and you can move the branches to where you need them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.