New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not for the AS-hats on here that have nothing good or productive to say. PLEASE.

My son is doing this for a college class, we were working with a local womens shelter, but for various reasons they are dragging their feet, which I am OK with and totally understand. He needs to ask several questions, but not yes or no answers about being a victim of domestic abuse, it was supposed to be a focus group, but one on one is fine, male or female.
If anyone would like to participate, please PM me for confidentiality purposes, and he will be in touch. Email or phone.

Thank you all in advance
Jeff

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you want to know. I am not a victim, but understand the laws, etc
We both went thru the 40 hour class at the shelter, and what he needs is to ask a list of questions, and it was supposed to be in a focus group style, the laws we are very familiar with, he needs personal experiences and still maintain confidentiality.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Domestic abuse laws vary from state to state but most are very similar. Most abuse victims go through years of abuse before finally either 1. Leaving 2. being forced to leave because spouse is locked up 3. dying...... What I have found through the years is that not even the victims family knows of the abuse the victim has suffered. Most victims tend to blame themselves for the abuse. Whats really troubling is the VAST MAJORITY of our cases here where an arrest is made for domestic violence the victim shows up at court WITH the defendant! Now we don't need the victim to testify for the commonwealth in domestic cases BUT it just defies logic that sooooooo many victims go right back to their abuser

·
Registered
1 Posts
Domestic violence from year to year is growing into a global problem. People from all countries of our world can face this. Somewhere this is manifested more like in Russia, for example, somewhere less. But the article https://www.urdesignmag.com/lifestyle/2020/05/01/quarantine-negative-impact/ goes into more detail about all this. This is really such a signal that it is time for us to think about it all right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts