New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week was worse than last years which was worse than the year before and on and on. We hunted all week barely saw any deer not alone bucks. Finally the last day a decent buck comes by. Not a shooter for me but for my good friend being his first deer with a gun it was a great deer. So this part is the rant. We drop it off a butcher and guys are pulling 14 does out of a truck all bragging we killed em all. They are all laughing and joking and then I hear they do not even want them. You can just donate them or do whatever it is you guys do. HELLO PEOLPE WTF . Then they say we will be back there is three more days next week. I wonder why no one is seeing good deer.

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
We drop it off a butcher and guys are pulling 14 does out of a truck all bragging we killed em all. They are all laughing and joking and then I hear they do not even want them. You can just donate them or do whatever it is you guys do.
The venison for the hungry is a nice thing, but on the website they claim they need more butchers. That led to me to wondering if "donated" deer ever go to waste simply because they don't have enough "butcher power" to process them all.

Anyone connected with the program know the answer to that? I sure hope it isn't the case.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The venison for the hungry is a nice thing, but on the website they claim they need more butchers. That led to me to wondering if "donated" deer ever go to waste simply because they don't have enough "butcher power" to process them all.

Anyone connected with the program know the answer to that? I sure hope it isn't the case.
Yea they have to inspect the butcher and check to make sure everything is clean and compliant. They do this anytime they want and are strict with their regs. A lot of butchers don't want the trouble...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
On my way to an afternoon sit yesterday and right in my neighborhood, I saw 4 pickup trucks loaded with orange, property hopping, needless to say, as has been the case for the last three years, I didn't see one deer, disgusting[down]

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
My properties I hunt are drying up. Between the crop damage, long seasons and "killers" it's sad. I won't play the 100.00 dollar a week corn game like my "neighbors" either. The pressure is so bad you can hardly take kids out and see deer before dark at any time of year. Don't get me wrong I kill my does, now with Cabelas gift cards being handed out when you donate a deer that will bring more decline which is what the state wants. My money is going elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Guys don't realize what they're doing. I bet of those 14 antlerless deer, more than a couple were button bucks. Every one of those you kill is one less buck next year.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Unfortunately, it seems people are just becoming selfish savages with hunting and many other aspects of life. In this case their excuse is "the regs allow me to" in other cases it will be "if I dont shoot it, someone else will so I may as well do it myself".

Many people also forget that a deer is a living breathing animal, not just a target. If people gave that a little more thought, I think they'd shoot only what they need and only shoot when they were 100% confident they could make a quick kill.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
At least they are does and not small bucks. In some areas there has to be cullings to properly manage the herd. Seeing dinks killed on here by experienced hunters is more disturbing then 9 dead does.. .. The deer numbers are ridiculous. If all of us killed 9 does a season we probably still wouldn't put a dent in the herd in some areas of this state. Especially up North and East where we have no discharge!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.