New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old man went to hunt his ladder of Sat morning and some scum bag stole his stand. Its private land so it makes it worst. I wish one time I could catch some piece of [no swearing please] stealing a stand. Give me a break you cant spend $90 and buy your own stand. That really gets on my nerves. I have to lock my stands and hope some scum dont come and steal my stand. Its not only the money but the work you put into finding a spot and putting all that time into it. I know this has happens alot but had to vent.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i know how you feel, had it happen to me,opening day one year,,,stands are cheap now,, there is no nead to steal,,i'am going to put a car alarm on my stand or hook a battery up to it so they get shocked!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Sorry to hear that. [down]

·
Registered
131 Posts
one thing i would suggest for the future is to engrave your name on the stand, camera, etc.. in several conspicous and not so conspicous places, perhaps that will make the scum think twice about taking that stand. and if he is that stupid to actually take it, perhaps if the word gets around the JOHNNY JONES' stand,camera, etc..was stolen, and someone you know happens upon it, you could get it back....whatever the case may be, good luck....

·
Registered
550 Posts
104 very good point..I always put my name and my phone number in all my cameras..I have yet to get one back..Oges77 does the same to his cameras and everytime someone takes it, they always call and give it back..Guess he has better luck then i do..But then again i guess thats the price you pay to hunt some places we do..

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i had 2 gorilla stands and a $150 feeder stolen on me last year...i know who it is but cant prove anything so i just keep replacing them... they just dont want me hunting the spot im hunting becasue i shoot alot of deer there (my and my dad both) and its close to the property line so they keep taking our stuff... i was going to build a wooden stand but i have fears that they will do something harsh and rig the stand so i hurt myself in the dark mornings climbing in... my only alternative was to stop baiting and start using the chippewa wedge hang on stands.. they go up easily in the dark and with minimal noise.. look into them, they are expensive but sure beats getting to your spot in the morning and wondering where all your stuff went... ruins your hunt BIG time, trust me.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Sorry to hear that. That is just LOW.:(

If its any consolation, Ive had stands stolen before, and so have MANY other hunters. (you arent alone)

Plus, I dont think there is anything you can really do to prevent someone who wants your stand bad enough, from getting it. Locks, step removal, etc, if they want it bad enough, they get it.[down][down][mad]

My question to these lowlifes is WHY?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Next time booby trap it.

Many years ago I had a Triumph TR3 sports car. It was a rag top with side curtains so impossible to lock. I installed an aftermarket FM radio hanging under the dash with plumbers tape. To prevent theft I used razor blades as washers for the mounting screws. Someone unsuccesfully tryed to steal it and I had a bloody mess on the seats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts