New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been really bothering me that I have not been hunting at all since I broke my bow. Up till now I have been trying to find a replacement (with the help of Matt and Sean)and have had no success. So after I finished all my yard work today I took out the old Golden Eagle Predator. I tried to hook up my new sight and peep and just couldnt get that peep to go on. So I took the sight off. And started to practice instinctive. And after alittle while I fell into the same pattern like I never stopped shooting the bow. Now belive me, my groups are no where near what they where with my Hoyt, but at 20 yards I'm feeling pretty comfortable. So I will practice a little more in The AM and head out Saturday Afternoon. So Sean, Ian, MAtt or any of you guys want to head out tommorrow just let me know..
I need to get back in the woods..

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Craig how did you try to put the peep on? The trick to it is 1. if you are by yourself and have no bow press you will have to stand on the handle of the bow pull it back to take the tension off the string then you can fit it in-between the strings. 2. if your wife will help you which I had mine do when I put my new peep on. While you are pulling the Bow back have her fit it in-between the strings if she can't do it find a friend to help you out. Trick is pulling the Bow back to take the tension off the string. Good luck. If you want to join us pheasant hunting tomorrow you are more then welcome.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sean I think tommorrow I may have my stepson help me put the peep on. But I am feeling pretty comfortable shooting instintive.. I will see tomorrow. Good luck with the ringnecks tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
The best thing I ever did was get rid of the peep sight. After some slight adjustments, my groups are just as tight as before. As long as you are comfortable, you dont need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts