New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunting with Alberta outfitter Don Tyschuk over Thanksgiving in '04 reaped this monster for Scott Reeves of Huntsville, Alabama. Scott's trophy buck had only a 12-inch inside spread, but what the big buck lacked in width he more than made up for in mass. The Alberta giant weighed 335 pounds and was believed to have been 7 to 9 years old. With 23-inch main beams and a 9-inch drop tine, Scott's Thanksgiving week trophy grossed 181 6/8 non-typical points. "Patience has never been one of my virtues," Scott says. "But I learned a valuable lesson about hunting trophy deer from Don. That is, you have to be patient and wait for the right buck to come along." Scott's patience was rewarded with the buck of a lifetime!

·
11,226 Posts
I've seen this buck before....Cool buck but man thats an ugly rack!!! An ugly rack that I would be proud to hang on my wall!!!!![up][up] I love the black coloring and the eye protectors!!! Nice buck!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I saw this on huntingnet. The hunter that took him was proud, but a couple of guys were giving him dirt for shooting it. They said there was no reason to go to Canada for it, when one that that can be taken in the states. They called it an average rack. I personally think it is great. Apparently others did too if it made it to a cover of a magazine.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Its got character, thats for sure!

Look at those stickers above the eyes, and the drop tine off the right beam.

Also the m [no swearing please] of the tines is great, and that chocolate coloring...[cool]

I think some people are just jealous of other people when they take nice bucks. Anything to knock the guy down.[down]

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice and thick rack.

How do some of these bucks hold their freaking heads up?

I wonder how these bucks travels so efficient thru all of the thick stuff?

[up]

Ever see one of those "deer highways" thru some really thick stuff and wonder how the heck they do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts