New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just went and seen my friends, mother for the first time in over 15 years , her property is a beautiul 25 acre piece with , fields, woods, and stream that runs through ,some nice hills and vallies, corn fields all around, and she wrote me full permission for deer , turkey and what ever else i wanna do , hows about that , best christmas present i ever got , scouted it today, setup right after christmas for winter bow!!!!! wooooooohooooo

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys , let the management begin , i will turn it into something you see out in ohio , kansas , ect. buck haven !!!! posting will begin asap and sheriffing will be done too , i was told to post as many signs as i could.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
let the management begin , i will turn it into something you see out in ohio , kansas , ect. buck haven
Best of luck. I recommand you find out who your hunting neighbors are. 25 acres is a small piece, what you will let pass, your hunting neighbor may not, and you know how NJ is. If the land is huntable someone is hunting it one way or another...;)

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I recommand you find out who your hunting neighbors are
one other guy but i was told i he dont follow or gets out of line hes done no other hunters all private

i dont wanna be a jerkoff but i believe strongly in management

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Been talking to buck_blaster about the area. talked to a few guys who hunt in that surrounding area and they seem like respectful hunters. Good luck with the piece.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
referring to the surrounding properties

no noted hunters around the area !!! but from what i hear there is public land way down the road and when that gets pressure they head my way , with feeders and food plots going , they might just hang around i wanna possibly plant some clovers or alfalfa in the fields , gotta do some research and figure out when how and what time of year/area, soil is good to grow what, MANAGMENT , i cant stop deer from going to other areas or stop other predators from coming in but i sure can try ,

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
25 acres ?? Hunt that carefully. I recommend finding a few areas you can slip in and out undetected and only hunting those areas; leave the rest as a sanctuary, this is what I do and my properties are crawling with pretty decent bucks now. In the past, I wad pressuring the big buck out by allowing my presence to be known

Your goal should be to drastically reduce the amount of bucks your neighbors are seeing. A sanctuary us MORE important than food, because, even if your neighbors have the food, if they're pressuring their land too much, the deer won't go until after dark.

I use feeder, plant food plots and hunt crop farms. If you're going to provide food, don't hunt the food too much, hunt trails leading to the food. As you hunt say a food plot in the afternoons, deer will eventually see you leave as they're co_Omg in. Try to hunt passing deer,l.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks droptine, every bit helps as im trying to learn the ins' and out's of this. i have alot of work to due in the next 6 months or so to get it ready for next year

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah it isnt what it seems , i hung out with my buddy alot back when , i was 13-17 but then i moved , and he moved then , i got married and had kids and he was doin his thing , i was doin mine , bs'd through facebook , then his mom contacted me and said hello , she proceed to tell me that she lived close to me and thats how we started to talk again , sometimes facebook and be great to find or talk to old friends or it can be like a highschool bickering bullcrap seen!! lol but this was a better part of it , not onlly to get the hunting property but to reunite with my buddies mom who was so good to me back then !!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts