New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I got shut out today for ML in zone 10 and I took the day off tomorrow only to find out the weather is terrible. So back to work tomorrow - hopefully hunting on Friday or Saturday.

I was so optimistic this morning. I passed a fork rack on the access road coming in today, got in my stand by 5:40. Nada. Zip. Nothing. Tried three spots on the property, froze this morning (yea I was under layered) and saw nothing - had to quit at 3:00 to make it home for some stuff but by then I had had enough of the squirrels.

Of course when I got in my jeep to go home I saw literally dozens of deer in the fields off Rt 78 a mile away from my lease!!!!!!

Bummed!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I was in zone 10 tonight. When the rains came I already had shot the deer, had to jump off the stand and start tracking, she went stray down the hill busting through all those honeysuckles. What a job to bring the deer up to the little field I hunt inside the briars. Thank God for the ATV I bought this year, it took me all of 3 minutes to get her out.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darn it. I couldn't get out today (wife working, me watching the kids) and as I was packing up for tomorrow just now I realized what Drag already said - no @#$% hunting ML tomorrow. Crap! O' well, that means I drink Chianti tonight. Gotta look on the bright side.

El Jefe - congrats on the deer in 10. I'll be back down there as soon as I possibly can. Gotta put some points up for this contest thing.

I can't believe I made that mistake about the dates. Glad I checked though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts