New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of optics do you guys use for turkey season? Red dots? Regular scopes?

I have to pick up something for the spring and want to start reading up on some of them.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which red dot you use hound? And how is it attached to the gun? Drill and tap the receiver? My concern is drilling and tapping the receiver, because my slug barrel has a cantilevered rail integrated into the barrel.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I have a Busnell.13/4 - 4 power. It has crosshair and in the center there's a circle around the crosshair. Called the circle x. Here's the link.
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId ...
I have the same scope in camo mounted on a B Square.It's on a Rem 1187 Supermagnum 3.5" SPS-T special purpose turkey gun.No need to switch barrels,etc.Only use it for turkey hunting and it's a turkey killing machine!

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
When your gun shoots as tight a pattern as mine does(average 200 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards) it certainly helps.Head and neck shots only!! [up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont think a scope is necessary for turkeys except it helps take away the adjusting your aim for how your gun patterns part of turkey hunting. And some of the red dots are only like 40-50 bucks, to me its worth it knowing I don't have to mentally adjust for the pattern.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts