New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Congrats on the new gun. what kind of muzzle-loader did you get? My old muzz. i had a Nikon on it. when i bought my traditions pursuit, i bought the scope made by traditions and love it. It was cheap, it has the multiple cross-hairs for different yardage and clear view. good luck.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Not sure what your looking to spend ? But here is a pretty good review on a few scopes in the under $200 range

http://www.opticstalk.com/inexpensive-scope-comparison_topic21176.html

I am a big fan of Vortex scopes, great company with one of the best warranties out there.. Basicly you can drive your truck over your scope pick up the pieces send it back and theyll replace it

I also have a nikon pro staff on my Omega with no complaints about it what so ever, really great scope for the price

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The Nikon Omega 3-9x40 is a great scope. Used it for a season but now Im using the Nikon Omega 1.65-5x36. I hunt in some prety thick surroundings thats why I opted for the lower power scope.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Nikon Omega 3-9x40 [up][up]

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
simmons makes a really reasonable 3x9.great scope for the money.i had mine for probably close or more then a decade now.[up][up]

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
:D I would buy any scope with a "BDC" type reticle. Whatever your budget can handle.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I'm partial to Leupolds myself but they can be $$$. My brother just put a Cabela's Powderhorn on his new Optima and he likes it so far. I gotta admit the glass is pretty clear and it's got the BDC reticle which is nice. I think he paid around $100 for it after discounts.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the recommendations. i actually dont look forward to purchasing a new scope. to many freaking decisions. but sincebi already have a leupold, nikon, bushnell, and redfield, i may try a vortex.

The gun i just got is the cva accura. i decided on the black stock instead of camo.

on a side note, can you put a rifle scope on a muzzy? why do some companies market a muzzloader scope? just a money maker?

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
leupold Rifleman 3x9x40 Around $200.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts