New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
It's already in the game code for next year. Just needs DEP Commissioner sign off. The new guy is a DEP long-timer. (Read into it: Not a political appointee hack like Lisa Jackson; a long-term dedicated guy, AND a guy with a pension on the line. Don't expect him to buck the governor. DO expect action.)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I dont understand the desire for the hunt amongst all the anti bull, I say dont hunt until it stops being an issue like in every other damn state, we just need some kid or anyone dragged off and eaten and then it will never be an issue again, wait till then to permanently shut those anti a-holes forever.
lthough it apparently is not that uncommon and may not even stop stewy and the other crazies "In a 2006 attack, a 210-pound male bear killed a 6-year-old girl and mauled her 2-year-old brother as well as her mother who tried to fend off the animal. The attack occurred during a family outing in Tennessee's Cherokee National Forest."

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Never mind Tn. There was a baby pulled from a stroller in NY State and killed. (Orange/Putnam county area) about 2 years ago.)

Amazing how that gets forgotten!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you are looking at it, black bear attacks or more importantly deaths, are very rare. Even in areas where there are more than NJ, yes NJ has bears-[ko], attacks are rare.

I'm not for or against the hunt. I also would not want someone I care about killed or injured from an attack.
But I have the feeling that even if 1 person was killed, it would not generate enough emotion to overcome the antis arguments or support. I don't have a crystal ball and can't predict the future, that's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are worth.

My reason is just that people will use the argument that it's only 1 attack in how many years, yatta yatta yatta. You know what I mean.

Then again, we had 2 complaints about bears last week in the Twp. One guy wanted the bear shot because it walked through his yard. Didn't do anything, just walked through his yard. He threatened to kill it if it came back. Hope he doesn't do something stupid like that but we'll see.
The 2 bears causing all the sightings last week in our Twp. have obviously moved on as the sightings have gone to 0. Or they are just moving at night.
Either way, they didn't cause any problems or damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.