New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
The passing of this bill would create "approved" and "Non-approved" species lists.
Ok....if the government is not allowed to control invasive species..then who is?

I am not taking sides on this....but it is clear that your position is not the only here...correct? I'd like to hear the other side as well...

JC

More Snakeheads in the Deleware anyone???

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I think what Njbowhunter is concerned about is the exotic pets is the exotic pets,not the species that are ending up in rivers,streams and oceans
The exotic pets ARE what is ending out in our river, streams, oceans, forests, fields, tree's and mountians.

Once again I am not on either side of this...but until someone can name the group that they believe should have the ability to deal with invasive species they don't have a reasonable plan....no plan is simply not a plan at all...

After all..who is threatened most by this legislation?...Animal dealers....not animal owners! My guess is the "anti's" in this case, (the folks most against this law), are not concerned citizens, but commercial interests who benefit the greatest from blocking this legislation, but bear little or no additional costs when tax payer funds are required to pay for cleaning up in the aftermath of problems resulting from invasive species...

Is this correct?

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
you say animal owners are not at risk?
NO...I anyone can read my post and clearly see I did not that...

What I said is, the people that are most opposed to this are those that are selling these animals for financial gain. Why? Because right now they reap the financial benefits of selling these animals, yet pay none of the financial costs that result when, we as taxpayers, have to clean up the mess caused by the release of these invasive species by their customers into the waters and fields we hunt and fish...

Once again...I am happy to hear your belief on why that statement is wrong, however, the only thing I have learned so far in this thread is that the pet store owners industry is behind a rather sizable progaganda campaign to defeat this bill in hopes of protecting their profits at the cost of the average tax payer.

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Well,

Since I didn't get any response as to who really is behind this propaganda campaign, (and yes as I suspected, the majority of the information presented in the links above has little or no basis in fact and is what anyone who is knowledgeable about this proposal,regardless of whether they favored it or not, would describe as plain, outright, propaganda.)... So, I went ahead and did some research on this campaign and guess what I found...

No surprise whatsoever...who is behind it?...PIJAC

What is PIJAC one might ask...They are the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council....AKA the Political Action Comittee of the Pet Store Industry!!

As I suspected from the begining...the primary concern of the people behind this campaign of misinformation is not the rights of you and your pets...tTheir concern is the ability to sell those pets to any who will buy them from them for a profit...regardless of whether those pets are a danger to our native plants, and animals!!

Just goes to show...whenever someone screams fire and there and is no smoke or flames...you better look around before you just start blindly jumping out of the windows.[spy]

JC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.