New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Corzine is in office Campbell will elect to keep his job and nix the bear hunt. That is, unless he percieves than Corzine will fire him anyway then maybe Campbell will do what's right.

In the next 4 years the issue of having anti's on the F&G council will show its' ugly head. Probably with Corzine leading the charge for the anti's. If the Sunday hunt doesn't go through before he is officially in he will shoot that down. He will do everything he can to attack the Second Amendment. And so on and so on.

Not to mention the non-hunting issues: Property taxes will increase. We will al be subsidizing low income housing in the suburbs and rural areas. That has been going on for some time with rental properties thanks to the democrats, now it will apply to morgages. That in turn will reduce property values.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
You know, every day I see/hear crap like this, it makes me want to go and look for a job outside of NJ and move there. I'm really getting tired of this nonsense. Is it just me or are some you others thinking this way?

David

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Oh , I've been thinking about it. We're getting some outrageous offers on the farm by real estate developers. The latest offers are up to $45,000/acre. And with 53 acres, saying the word NO, gets harder everyday. I'd hate to give in to then and be a part of the disappearing habitat trend. But things like this make you want to get out.

G

·
if I could leave this state and reloacte making the same amount and same job I would. The only thing keeping me here is my job and my paycheck, I still have a long way to go for retirement 16 years and counting each day

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hopefully we are outta here by the end of 2007! That will let me complete my nursing program and save money for a year. Back to Missouri for me!

Sorry guys, but this state sucks! Been here 5 1/2 years now and still can't call it home. This election just makes it worse. I finally want to get into hunting and may not even get the chance now. No one from home is crazy enough to try and stop hunting in the midwest. Rumor has it the Bucks are huge in the Ozarks again.

So after I get Luknikk to purchase the 50-150 acres we want we'll let you know when we get our own hunting lodge started on the back side of our land. You can come there and hunt!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'd love to bash developers, etc. but development feeds my family as I'm sure it does for alot of the tradesmen on this board.

Development is a necessary evil. The ways to reduce tax burdens are by cutting programs and spending or spreading the tax burden among more people. Development contributes to the second solution (if you want to call it that) but it becomes a mean circle because the burden is spread out but the programs (education, subsidization, welfare) increase with the development. Where the end is? If I knew I'd be running the country!!!

Development and construction also drive a huge employment market in NJ so to try and end development will bring more problems than it will solve. Contractors could not live on renovations alone. The demo and new construction is the meat of the business.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I'd love to bash developers, etc. but development feeds my family as I'm sure it does for alot of the tradesmen on this board.

Development is a necessary evil.
[down]

We recycle bottles and just about everything else. How about recycling the land. Head back to eastern NJ and start recycling those old unoccupied tenaments.

Leave the open land alone...........

1 - 20 of 51 Posts